6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old December 4th, 2016, 07:52 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Calling all Solid White or Terrace Blue 63-66 owners

Kind of a weird thing to ask for in the title I suppose, but what I have to offer will not really help anyone else. Here's the story:
A few years ago, I thought I was buying a factory "Terrace Blue" 64 GMC truck and like a fool before it even got here I jumped the gun and ordered brand new correct GMC Aqua fabric and matching Aqua vinyl w/ White strip from super expensive SMS Auto Fabrics in Canby Oregon. I followed that dumb move with a similarly expensive matching GMC Aqua colored armrest purchase off Evilbay. When the truck got here a couple weeks later I quickly realized the truck was actually Light Green which could only come with a Fawn fabric and vinyl seat. Boy did I feel stupid. So I have sat on the armrest and new still packaged NOS fabric thinking one day I would need it for another truck buy, but I have decided that is not real likely given the number of GMC's already under roof so I am offering these items to someone here - BUT - its only going to be "correct" for any of you who have a 1962-1965 GMC that either came from the factory, is today painted or is about to be painted SOLID WHITE or TERRACE BLUE (solid or two toned). 1960 & 61 GMC's share a different charcoal and Silver pattern and 1966 changed the fabric pattern again. See example pictures below of an un-restored deluxe seat w/ Aqua vinyl and matching Aqua fabric interior w/ matching Aqua armrest in a Solid White GMC truck, and the second picture is of a correctly restored Aqua seat using the same exact SMS Auto Fabrics fabric and vinyl I am offering you. So this Aqua colored vinyl and seat fabric is not going to work for just anyone, but for those of you who can use it, you can re-create the "correct" interior appearance you see in the original and restored examples below. If you have a White or Terrace Blue truck or are headed that direction in your restoration, this is a great opportunity that will save you money and time.

I paid well over 400.00 just for the 2 yds of Aqua fabric and 2 yds of Aqua vinyl + 1 yard of white for the back rest strip plus shipping and seems like I paid over 100 dollars for the Aqua NOS Armrest to boot but I will sell everything including the armrest as one lot to the right buyer for only 400 dollars + shipping just so I can recoup the bulk of my expense. Let me know if you are interested and please post a response here so other members know if there are multiple interested members. With everyone broke from buying Christmas gifts this month, if anyone wants this deal but needs to wait until Jan to pay, that's fine and If no one needs it I'll just keep saving it -

Thanks, Merry Christmas and Roll Tide Roll
Steve in Sweet Home Alabama
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turquoise Deluxe seat and matching armrest.jpg (133.3 KB, Multiple views, 17 clicks)
File Type: jpg Turquois seat fabric .jpg (52.8 KB, Multiple views, 16 clicks)

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)
Old December 7th, 2016, 05:29 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1967 CM 2500
BobBray will become famous soon enoughBobBray will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Calling all Solid White or Terrace Blue 63-66 owners

I have a Terrace Blue '67, and when I bought it the truck had the original paint. For some reason, Terrace Blue fades into a light green with age. It really is a more of a turquoise than anything else. My truck had a Fawn interior, but I changed it to black.

Sorry I can't use your fabric.
Old December 13th, 2016, 04:08 AM

Truck: 1963 1000
hubarlow is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Calling all Solid White or Terrace Blue 63-66 owners

Not sure how to tell, but I think my truck might be Terrace Blue. The seat shown looks similar to mine, but I think mine may be a cheaper reproduction. It is in great shape, so I don't think I need yours, but thanks for the offer.