6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old March 30th, 2016, 07:11 AM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Vin Help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyb1 View Post
Hey Guys
here is my Vin minus the last 4 numbers

1001MF----A

it is a legit vin it is in the right spot and no signs of it ever being tampered with........

Thanks for all of your help.
Definitely not Canadian.
I'd say make sure you look at it in good lighting. Unless someone knows of one, none of the group members have had a '64 with an "M" in the VIN. And with Jolly's research he doesn't appear to have known that to be a valid plant as that doesn't appear on any of the pages he has put up.
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500
Old March 30th, 2016, 07:26 AM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

The Title would be interesting to compare. I'm betting it's a screwed up N or H.... or something a previous nefarious owner did. I thru that word in there to seem like I read a lot at Starbucks. Tony, if it's an M we owe you a 6 pack and beg for your understanding. I hope it's not so I can stop searching the freakin internet.
Old March 30th, 2016, 02:57 PM

Truck: 1964
tonyb1 is on a distinguished road

I will double check everything today and let you know!!!

Thanks for everyones help
Old March 30th, 2016, 03:41 PM

Truck: 64 Gmc suburbann 305e, 4speed. v12 truck engine, v12 irrigation,2-305e,305a,305d
bobdylan is on a distinguished road

Is that the frame stamp, or door pillar? I would look at both.
Old March 30th, 2016, 07:21 PM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdylan View Post
Is that the frame stamp, or door pillar? I would look at both.
I think the consensus over time has been that it is rare for a GMC of the 60-66 variety to have a frame stamp. Chevrolet is more common.

I've stripped out a few, had a few rolling frames, and cannot say I have seen a stamp on the frame that corresponds to the VIN. I've seen it on '67 and newer more often.
mailto:

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500
Old March 30th, 2016, 07:39 PM

Well Guys,

I went back out to my ripped apart truck that I have owned for 4 years now...........and looked at the VIN on truck - it definitely looks like an M.

Then I grabbed the title that was safely stored in the safety box, and it clearly says an "H".

Looking at the VIN plate on the truck again - it is faint and is an H instead of an "M".

Sorry for confusing everyone and wasting their time on this........It was driving me crazy.........

Sorry guys!!
Old March 30th, 2016, 07:43 PM

AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

No problem, we all make mistakes. It's human nature. You are banned for a year.
Old March 30th, 2016, 07:45 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyb1 View Post
Well Guys,

I went back out to my ripped apart truck that I have owned for 4 years now...........and looked at the VIN on truck - it definitely looks like an M.

Then I grabbed the title that was safely stored in the safety box, and it clearly says an "H".

Looking at the VIN plate on the truck again - it is faint and is an H instead of an "M".

Sorry for confusing everyone and wasting their time on this........It was driving me crazy.........

Sorry guys!!

Never a waste of time when you learn somethin new, I say. At least you got the mystery solved. What all are you doin to the truck?

Oh, and to the forum!

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
No problem, we all make mistakes. It's human nature. You are banned for a year.
BWahahaha! I just saw this

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old March 30th, 2016, 08:23 PM

Well, It already has a 350 in it........(was there when I bought it), and it has been lowered 2".

But it is a short bed fleetside with a big back window!!!!!

I have found that even though it is an arizona truck - it had a lot of rust in the rockers and floor area - so right now it is all cut up - ready for new pieces.

I am looking at colors - and would love to do an original red and white truck with whitewalls,

I still have to wire the truck before I can figure out anything on the engine that is in it........I will be using a universal kit (hopefully it will work out good)

So - I have a ton of work to do - and hopefully wont waste another 4 years....... I just love the look of this truck!!!! -

Cant post pics yet - as there are too many pieces.......
Old March 30th, 2016, 10:06 PM

I'll come and see it someday. I'm at 101 and east Cactus.