6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old August 26th, 2021, 03:12 AM

Truck: 1963 GMC
Uncmn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New to forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky61 View Post
Very nice progress Uncmn!

Yes do give that rebuild a chance and see how it goes. I got a lot from Fetch’s thread on the rebuild (Very Helpful as always) and even though yours is different, it can’t be too much more difficult. Just get yourself a good comprehensive kit.

Thx funk61 , will definitely be using that thread as a reference. I’ve played with the carb on a motorcycle and was able to find a basic rebuild kit online, Got it running again but seems to be a bit too lean and still needs adjustments...Im hoping it will all be much easier on the 63 once I locate a good rebuild kit for the Rochester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old August 26th, 2021, 03:22 AM

Truck: 1963 GMC
Uncmn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowbar View Post
Hello there,

Good looking truck. I would recommend getting a rebuild kit for the carb and rebuild it. I did too and mine ran much better.
With a little gas in the tank my fuel filter is the same as yours regarding fuel level. I'm getting sufficient gas to the carburetor though.

I had the gas fumes in the cab thing as well, I contributed it to the fuel gauge gasket. After tightening the screws it got much better, will be replaced soon as the gauge don't work.

Interesting are the knobs left and right from the ignition, is the right one a cigarette lighter? What does the left one do?

What’s up Prowbar,
Glad you had good results after rebuilding the carb. Have yet to pin point the gas smell but maybe the rebuild will do some good after also inspecting the fuel gauge and other hoses. As for the knobs Starting from the far left knob it goes ; headlights , wipers , (steeringwheel) choke, cigarette lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old August 26th, 2021, 02:20 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1965 Suburban Series 1000 - 351M with mechancal tachometer - PS & PB & 2 speed Pow-R-Flow automatic
lizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enoughlizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enough

Someone moved the choke because they have 2 rights hands - usually people are cussed with 2 left hands. Bet the previous owner found out the choke cable was to short for the different carb application.