6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old September 18th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Temporarily Suspended

Truck: 1966
scootn is on a distinguished road
Default Local find 63 gmc 3/4 lb fs

[IMG][/IMG] I have found a 2 owner same family 96,000 original miles , 63 gmc 2wd 3/4 ton long bed , fleet side ..small back window , original v6 ..4 speed stick , wrap around diamond plate bumper , my question is the value or is there a market on this truck .
This truck is driven daily , it's not for sale , but can be sold he said if the offer is right , this truck is in really good shape , interior is near perfect , bed has been replaced as well ..
Just thought I would ask before I make an offer ..thanks in advance

Last edited by scootn; September 18th, 2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old September 18th, 2013, 02:33 PM

Truck: n/a
Texas63GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Local find 63 gmc 3/4 lb fs

I have a 63 3/4 ton and think the price is all about condition and how much work it needs.
the parts availability is less than for Ch#vys or half-tons. Ive kicked myself many times because I should have waited for a truck like what you describe instead of buying a project.
Old September 18th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Temporarily Suspended

Pics added of the 63 3/4 ton long bed ..
Old September 18th, 2013, 03:59 PM

Truck: 62 3/4ton 305 Hydramatic
tommyduncan is on a distinguished road

The price of these trucks are really all over the place...

I suggest making a low offer and see if he takes it. If he laughs at you say long bed ¾tons aren't that desirable and the V6 is a gas guzzling boat anchor that is hard to find parts for. It needs to be a ½ton short bed big window to bring the dollars.(I own a ¾ton longbed V6 so please don't take offense)

From there it is really a matter of how bad you want it. Paying more for a clean, rust free truck that has never been in a wreck is usually cheaper in the long run if you plan to make it really nice.I wouldn't buy it if flipping it is what you have in mind. You might get stuck with a huge repair and the profit margin isn't that big.

16.5" tires are pricey so you might need wheels if you need tires. If it hasn't been driven the tank might need replaced along with the sending unit... clutch, brakes etc....
Old September 18th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Temporarily Suspended

No offense taken , would love to get it at the lowest possible price , I want a sb ,bbw , fs .. Gmc if I can find one .. I make an offer and if he bites , try to resale and keep my search going ..if you were here what would offer on this ..
Old September 18th, 2013, 04:54 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootn View Post
No offense taken , would love to get it at the lowest possible price , I want a sb ,bbw , fs .. Gmc if I can find one .. I make an offer and if he bites , try to resale and keep my search going ..if you were here what would offer on this ..
If it's not what your lookin for I wouldn't try to take it away from someone that's happy with it as a DD.

Something will turn up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old September 18th, 2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootn View Post
If the seller isn't giving you a price offer him $1000. If he laughs at you ask him what price he has in mind. Laugh back if it's too high. Verbally tear it apart if you have to... point out every little thing wrong with it. You can even use the decent paint against him, like it could be hiding body work.
This is business so take it serious but laugh and joke at the same time. Ease the tension a little.

Figure out a price that you are SURE you can sell it for... say $2500. Evaluate what it needs. Pick a max you want to spend and stick with it.

On the other hand if you want to drive it for a year or two and then sell it a small loss or break even is still a win in my book!
Old September 18th, 2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi View Post
If it's not what your lookin for I wouldn't try to take it away from someone that's happy with it as a DD.

Something will turn up.
If they are willing to sell it they must be over it. This can be a double edged sword. If you fall in love with a car it makes you more likely to spend money unwisely. If you don't like it at all every little thing becomes a chore. In between sometimes works best.
I've done more to my truck in the 3 weeks I've had it than my other project(63 Nova Convertible) because it doesn't have to be perfect and the progress is quicker and cheaper.
I didn't want a long bed 3/4 either but I am pretty happy with it. I think it's a keeper...
Old September 18th, 2013, 05:43 PM

I just reread your post and I am guessing he won't let it go very cheap...
Old September 18th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Temporarily Suspended

Gonna swing by this weekend , I first met him he said its for sale but not advertised , I said how much , he said make me an offer ...he is over it I'm sure or he wouldn't have said its for sale if I hit the right number I'm assuming , he is stubborn...he said let me start it , I heard it run and he left to get a load of manure for his garden ...
He had told me his father n law , purchased it new , he got it when he passed on ..he told me everything is becoming a chore and considered letting it go...
Who knows if I will get it or not .....time will tell...