6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Other Rides and Projects

Other Rides and Projects Working on another year GMC? Maybe a Chevy, Dodge, F*rd, or even refinishing cabinets? Share your progress or start a build thread and let members follow along!

Old February 24th, 2014, 07:43 AM

Truck: 1966 C1500
66birdman is on a distinguished road
Default Sheena and Ramona

Hey there everybody. These are my ongoing projects and daily drivers. Sheena is the 66 C15 with a 351E and Ramona is the 66 TBird, for when I need to hit highway speeds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 547526_385482938155592_1466454990_n.jpeg (44.6 KB, Multiple views, 11 clicks)
File Type: jpeg 886864_496804837023401_1087514109_o.jpeg (520.8 KB, Multiple views, 26 clicks)
Old February 24th, 2014, 06:00 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 1502 Fenderside
Foley is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sheena and Ramona

Nice photos Birdman. Since were doin' GMC stuff, I appreciate you putting that 66 1500 out in it's natural, ranch style, habitate. Nice backdrop for the picture, and sure looks like a very straight truck to me, all detailed out in it's original work clothes. It goes without saying that running around in a 66 bird for your daily driver must be fun too.
Old February 25th, 2014, 07:27 AM

The GMC it's definitely still pretty original and in very good shape for her age. Besides tires and a new wiring harness its all original as far as I know and the odometer is showing about 50k. I dont even think its rolled over. The tbird is also pretty original besides the tires and a paint job. She is sitting at about 70k now that I drive it all the time.
Old February 25th, 2014, 07:29 AM

Oh and as for the backdrop in the GMC picture, that is pretty much my back yard. I'm pretty fortunate where I live. When it's not on fire that is
Old February 27th, 2014, 02:29 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hey there everybody. These are my ongoing projects and daily drivers. Sheena is the 66 C15 with a 351E and Ramona is the 66 TBird, for when I need to hit highway speeds.
Great looking rides, but one pic each is just teasing!

Quote:
Nice photos Birdman. Since were doin' GMC stuff, I appreciate you putting that 66 1500 out in it's natural, ranch style, habitate. Nice backdrop for the picture, and sure looks like a very straight truck to me, all detailed out in it's original work clothes. It goes without saying that running around in a 66 bird for your daily driver must be fun too.
Hey BC! Yeah those kind of pics are great. Not another man made object in sight. Beautiful! If I took pics of my GMC's in their natural setting they would have to be in a scrapyard for a background!---LOL!

Quote:
Oh and as for the backdrop in the GMC picture, that is pretty much my back yard. I'm pretty fortunate where I live. When it's not on fire that is
That does look like a great place to live, but you said in another thread you are moving to North Dakota? Whereabouts if I may ask?

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday
Old February 27th, 2014, 02:35 AM

I am moving back to the Minot area here in a few months. Not exactly the best place in the world but thats where my kid lives so I shall sacrafice. Dont get me wrong I love NoDak but its just not what it used to be anymore. If I am gonna pay LA cost of living I would rather it not be -60 outside
Old February 27th, 2014, 02:39 AM

Oh and I will get some more pics up soon (ish). The truck is currently missing all of its interior because I am in the middle of a painless wiring install and the Tbird is also in parts getting new suspension, engine rebuild, brake system, interior....pretty much everything. Once they are whole again I will post more.
Old February 28th, 2014, 04:03 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Great truck! That looks like a great place to ride around too. Cant wait to see more pics

and

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

to the forum!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old March 5th, 2014, 02:57 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am moving back to the Minot area here in a few months. Not exactly the best place in the world but thats where my kid lives so I shall sacrafice. Dont get me wrong I love NoDak but its just not what it used to be anymore. If I am gonna pay LA cost of living I would rather it not be -60 outside
Being closer to your kid is worth it all! Western SoDak historically is warmer than NoDak so I'm spoiled I guess--LOL! I hear you about the cost of living up here in the Dakotas which is usually combined with poor wages. With the oil development some folks are able to tap into some great pay to help get over the LA costs. I'm not one of them though. Probably should quit my job here and run up to ND for a couple years to pay off the house then things would be much easier.

Quote:
Oh and I will get some more pics up soon (ish). The truck is currently missing all of its interior because I am in the middle of a painless wiring install and the Tbird is also in parts getting new suspension, engine rebuild, brake system, interior....pretty much everything. Once they are whole again I will post more.
More pics would be cool! You can post build and progress pics as you go with your wiring project or whatever else you are working on. It will be tough moving vehicles that are in a state of disassembly.

Later---DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday
Old March 5th, 2014, 03:04 AM

If I were you I would go work up there in the Bakken for a week, drive home for a week....lots of folks do that and you can just crash in the truck that way