6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old May 6th, 2020, 12:29 AM

Truck: 1964 1000, 1966 camper special 1966 K1000
Jimmy is on a distinguished road
Default Mark 4 style ac brackets

Hey guys im looking to put a mark 4 style ac on my 66 351 truck does anyone have a set they would like to sell and possibly a 3 groove pulley? Thanks Jon..
Old May 6th, 2020, 02:08 AM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Mark 4 style ac brackets

What is your definition of "Mark 4 Style" ? and you want a "set" of what? Try to be REAL specific when you ask a question. Do you want a compressor? Do you want brackets for a compressor? What kind of compressor? What parts of a Mark 4 system do you have? Original from the 60's or a new aftermarket clone? List the parts you need by name. If possible, post pics of what you have.
Old May 6th, 2020, 03:07 AM

Truck: 1965
Sonic65 is on a distinguished road

A half second search on the internet reveals a Mark 4 (IV) is an aftermarket AC system. What he is asking for is still a question.
Old May 6th, 2020, 04:15 AM

AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

It was first used as a universal A/C system back in the 60's son. Search a little longer. Vintage Air sells a clone of it.
His question is obviously vague or you would answer it.
We just need a little more info, not an argument.
One more second would have revealed this

We don't know if he is using an old York compressor or a rotary, Sanden or other..and you don't either.
Hopefully he will help us help him. Jimmy came back.......over

Last edited by AZKen; May 6th, 2020 at 04:28 AM.
Old May 6th, 2020, 04:23 AM

I apologize i agree i wasn't specific, the parts i am searching for are actually the compressor brackets and the water pump and crankshaft pulleys for a v6 to install a 60s style aftermarket underdash style ac unit for a 66 GMC the compressor style would be a york style i believe, i already have the evaporator case and condenser this truck has power steering so the crankshaft pulley would require 3 grooves hope this is a better description of the parts im searching for thanks for correcting my previous post.
Old May 6th, 2020, 05:56 AM

Truck: 1965
Sonic65 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
It was first used as a universal A/C system back in the 60's son. Search a little longer. Vintage Air sells a clone of it.
His question is obviously vague or you would answer it.
We just need a little more info, not an argument.
One more second would have revealed this

We don't know if he is using an old York compressor or a rotary, Sanden or other..and you don't either.
Hopefully he will help us help him. Jimmy came back.......over
I'm not your Son. You have made new members leave this club when they asked questions that you do not seem to agree with and were very aggressive when answering them. I agree that that GMC V6 is a fantastic engine. If you want to imparte knowledge to members then do it without being so abrasive. You have a lot of wisdom on these trucks. I have been a member of this club since Yahoo 6066 GMC Club. Let members ask questions and reply to them without making them feel they not articulate or ruining their truck.

When my grandfather passed away and I inherited his 65 GMC, I had no where to turn to in 1995. The engine was shot and I just graduated. No internet, no online engine catalogs. I replaced it with a 350 Chevy. Now that I have parts, the 305 will go back in.

My point is that this club will always have new members that may not articulate their questions fullly or may may ask questions to modify their GMC truck in a manner that is not keeping the 305 in it.

Do not make these members feel they need to leave this club. Give them advice and let them ask questions so this club can live on and keep the GMC truck alive even if they want to modify it. The GMC grille, hood and dash are significant in this day when most people find them not as popular as Chevy.
Old May 6th, 2020, 04:07 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC PICKUP, 1956 PONTIAC SAFARI, 1949 CADDY SEDANETTE
HOTRODJOHN is on a distinguished road

Jimmy, The aftermarket Unit from Vintage Air is a great unit. I have been selling their units since 1978. I made a bracket a few years ago to put the A/C bracket on the Drivers side head and it would use the New Style Sanden Compressor. I will take a photo of it later today and post it so you can get an idea of mounting and how it is situated. I can also get you the Heritage style units that they sell. Talk Later. John
Old May 6th, 2020, 06:00 PM

Thanks Jon ill be looking forward to hearing back with that
Old May 6th, 2020, 07:54 PM

Sonic, Nothing abrasive until your first remark. My post was full of questions. The key to helping someone is to identify exactly what they need. The specifics, so we can help effectively. We now see what the person needs and as you can see, he is getting help. Your ramblings show me you are covering the fact you attacked me and you were wrong. Instead of trying to help him, you post a nasty remark. No one leaves a club because someone, like me, cares enough to ask questions and advises them to be specific. We are not children

I assume the gang that "liked" your comment are showing that they don't think this is rude. "A half second search on the internet reveals a Mark 4 (IV) is an aftermarket AC system. What he is asking for is still a question." NO, THE QUESTON WAS: WHAT IS HE ASKING FOR.

I don't know what they "liked" except the attack towards me. Great bunch of guys teaching me how to act. There is nothing aggressive about asking questions and saying "try to be real specific."

Where are you guys coming from? Look at yourselves before you look at me. You are being ridiculous. A sickening display of self-righteousness. If you have no help for the poster, stay out of the post. Don't come after me when I'm trying to help someone. Keep your animosity to yourself. I help people a lot. I like to help. Cast your stones all you want. My "like" was from the poster himself.

Last edited by AZKen; May 6th, 2020 at 09:58 PM.
Old May 6th, 2020, 08:32 PM

Jimmy, thanks for the clarification. Need to ask more questions.
1. Do you actually have a evaporator (under dash unit) from the 60's or a modern aftermarket one like Vintage air?
2. You are correct, the 60's unit would have probably been a York. Do you have a York?
3. Do you want a York or a rotary type? The evaporator does not care, but it's way different bracketry.
4. I see you want a 3 groove pulley, probably someone here has one. Put in a wanted in Marketplace.
5. John has designed and built brackets for V6. He may be able to build one for you regardless of compressor type.
6. If you state which type you want to use, we can try to find brackets. York brackets are hard to find but they are out there somewhere. May not be for a V6 but can be modified.
7. If your evaporator is an actual 60's unit, keep in mind it was for R12 and now the systems use R134. Just would need flushed.

Last edited by AZKen; May 6th, 2020 at 08:50 PM.