6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Closed Thread

Old January 9th, 2015, 03:05 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup
Culver Adams is on a distinguished road
Default Let's find a place for all our members

Discussing the absence of one of our members started (I think) on Fetch Me A Pepsi's Cecilia Slow Build thread. I don't want to divert Fetch's informative (beyond google), well written/illustrated (beyond most newspapers), and flat out so darn amusing I find myself laughing out loud when I read it. So, I'm starting this thread, "Let's find a place for all our members".

At an early age, I realized I was not the second coming of anybody who might have done religious good: measured by any theological leanings, I got into trouble. I was grateful when folks wiser then myself suggested, "forgive and forget". It meant I might get a second (or more) chance.

I'm a big fan of 6066 GMC Truck Club. No contributors owe me a nickel, yet I learn from all of you. When I see a post and say to myself, "That is good information--I'll need that later", I save it. Scanning my collection of your saved information, I realize I've got golden nuggets from all corners and from the heartland of the country. Thank you, all. When I scan a bit more, I see I have more information from Barry in Spokane than I would have imagined. (Also, last I read his son was headed to the mountains in a 6066 GMC Truck with a steering wheel mounted necker knob to fish for trout and I've not heard how that went.)

I missed the events that caused the soup kettle to boil over. That is history. I suggest we look to our future and see if we can find a way (as my village suggested) to forgive and forget. OK, perhaps cut our goal a little to, "forgive and remember a little less". It seems we would benefit more from Barry's presence than from his absence.

Let's find a way to bring him back.

Regards,

Culver Adams
Minneapolis, MN
1961 GMC K1500
Old January 9th, 2015, 01:20 PM

Truck: Shopping for a 1960-61 4x4
Jeannie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's find a place for all our members

Culver and all,

Barry was an extremely valuable member of our community, no doubt. However his actions preceding his exile were beyond what could be called understandable, to the point that he attempted to circumvent the forum post-lock procedure to continue the insults and name calling after multiple pleadings to walk away. It is for this reason that he will not be returning.

Let's consider the matter closed and move ahead.

As a reminder, there are but 5 rules on our forum. There were four before this incident occurred.
Closed Thread