6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old June 7th, 2016, 02:08 PM

Truck: 65 C10
Grizz009 is on a distinguished road
Default Serial # / Vin tracker

Hello Guys... Ok a little back story because everyone of these trucks have their own story. There is a 1965 C10 truck out there that my girlfriend has many memories of her grandfather... Many of which are of nights at the drive-in... Her grandfather passed away and the truck went to her mother... A few years later she was forced to sell the truck when time got tough while raising two daughters alone...

Ok now to my question... I'm hoping to track her grandfathers truck down and buy it back for her... Anyone know of a serial # tracker out there?
Old June 7th, 2016, 06:48 PM

Truck: 64 Gmc suburbann 305e, 4speed. v12 truck engine, v12 irrigation,2-305e,305a,305d
bobdylan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Serial # / Vin tracker

I think you can request a title history from Dept. of Motor Vehicles. In the state it was titled in.
Old June 7th, 2016, 06:53 PM

Ok... Update because we all like a good story even though this one is not yet over... This truck that was bought new by my girl friends grandfather might have been found... Today's after running the license plate came up as last registered in 2008... After looking up the last owners and finding their address I used google maps... Using a satellite view I see that the truck is sitting at the back of their property... Some of you guys will understand what these trucks mean to people... And the joy of watching my girlfriend tear up at the thought of getting it back is making this all worth it... I'll keep you guys updated for those interested...
Old June 7th, 2016, 06:55 PM

Thx Bob
Old June 7th, 2016, 08:18 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

I don't know of any state that will give that info due to bad things happening years ago. Big liability. Revenge, stalkers, thieves, PRIVACY ACT, etc. Who gave you the past owners name? Even a friend who is a cop can get fired for doing that.
Old June 7th, 2016, 08:28 PM

A few $ to an investigator ( after I showed him good intent) got the vehical history of registered owners... From that Google is your friend... They Are listed in the white pages... From that I got an address... From that Google maps got a sat image.. With the truck or what I think is the truck in the back yard... No laws broken.. No strings pulled...
Old June 8th, 2016, 12:37 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to the club Grizz! Subscribed because like you said, I love a good story!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old June 8th, 2016, 02:09 AM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz009 View Post
A few $ to an investigator ( after I showed him good intent) got the vehical history of registered owners... From that Google is your friend... They Are listed in the white pages... From that I got an address... From that Google maps got a sat image.. With the truck or what I think is the truck in the back yard... No laws broken.. No strings pulled...
Yes, but most cannot afford an investigator.
DMV though can still refuse to release information.
This is why I no longer handle "lost title" type situations.
The last time I had to handle one, they did give me the name, and that is all they could give me. Doing a Google search wasn't an option, thankfully the guy was one of the first in the phone book (of a list of people with the same name).

You... got... lucky.

I can't even get a history of my own vehicle without paying more than it is worth up front, and they cannot guarantee a complete history (and I bought it off the original owner's widow... what I wanted was a plate history since it had newer plates on it).
mailto:

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500