6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Interiors, Dash, Lights and Electrical

Interiors, Dash, Lights and Electrical Everything Inside

Old February 23rd, 2023, 04:15 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1/2 ton, 1970 GMC 4X4 1/2 ton, 2013 GMC Yukon.
jaydee is on a distinguished road
Default Full guages

I have a 65 GMC it has a fuel gauge, temp gauge, and lights for oil, and alternator, and I’m fine with that, not going to change it. But out of curiosity did GMC offer a full gauge package? I have never one with that except for aftermarket add ons.
Old February 23rd, 2023, 11:00 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 Suburban 1962 GMC Utility
Funky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really nice
Default Re: Full guages

Here is a link to the Jolly page that shows what was available as an upgrade for the light duty Trucks; Clock, Bat-O-Meter and Tachometer.

You could adapt a Big Truck gauge cluster as shown in the link. It will have a vacuum and oil pressure gauge and a mechanical tachometer.

Anything else you have to add-on as you stated.

*I did have an oil pressure gauge in my 61(cluster is different) when I first bought it. It looked like an accessory add-on.

These are all I am aware of or have found.

http://6066gmcguy.com/cluster.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1500.JPG (1.16 MB, Multiple views, 11 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_1501.JPG (1.13 MB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_1502.JPG (1.07 MB, Multiple views, 3 clicks)
Old February 23rd, 2023, 11:23 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

I have all that stuff shown. haven't got around to putting it on market place yet.
Old February 24th, 2023, 01:04 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1/2 ton, 1970 GMC 4X4 1/2 ton, 2013 GMC Yukon.
jaydee is on a distinguished road

Actually I have seen trucks with the oil pressure gauge in the flat spot left of the ashtray, I always thought that was just an aftermarket accessory, never knew it was factory. I looked at jollys page and I see how they added more gauges. I see a bat o meter, is that a voltmeter?
Old March 2nd, 2023, 07:18 PM

Truck: 1966 1500 fleet side long bed
MeganK is on a distinguished road

Hi all...

Any suggestions on this matter. I am in the process of having my engine completely rebuilt I love the idea of having the standard 6 gauges to monitor the engine, tah, oil pressure, volts, etc... I have seen these aftermarket set ups and I like them but I would love to keep the original dash panel so I am torn on which direction to go. It would be cool if someone made a single gauges the same size as the cut outs and speedometer that had multiple gauges in one unit so I could get what I feel i need and minimize taking away from the original look.

Any options would be appreciated. Also if you go the aftermarket cluster is there a lot of wiring and rewiring needed for the gauges I do have?

Pictures, links, ideas, would be appreciated

thanks
Old March 2nd, 2023, 10:55 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganK View Post
Hi all...

Any suggestions on this matter. I am in the process of having my engine completely rebuilt I love the idea of having the standard 6 gauges to monitor the engine, tah, oil pressure, volts, etc... I have seen these aftermarket set ups and I like them but I would love to keep the original dash panel so I am torn on which direction to go. It would be cool if someone made a single gauges the same size as the cut outs and speedometer that had multiple gauges in one unit so I could get what I feel i need and minimize taking away from the original look.

Any options would be appreciated. Also if you go the aftermarket cluster is there a lot of wiring and rewiring needed for the gauges I do have?

Pictures, links, ideas, would be appreciated

thanks
This is very hard for me to understand what you want.
1. You want to keep "original" dash panel? The bezel shape? Or the 6 holes?
2. ....if someone made a single gauges in one unit? What does that actually mean?
3. You can buy/make a blank bezel and do whatever you want. Any aftermarket gauges you wish. Analog or digital. Post a pic of what you want.
4. Hope you have a lot of money to spend. Is budget an issue?
5. Click

The bottom line is: what the heck is wrong with what you have?

Last edited by AZKen; March 2nd, 2023 at 11:00 PM.
Old March 6th, 2023, 10:26 PM

What I have now is just the standard speedometer fuel, temp (H-C) and an added Oil Pressure gauge...Being that the engine is being completely rebuilt right now I thought it might be good idea to be able to monitor the new engine more closely....One option is to put a tach in the remaining 3rd circle and everything else stock

Ideally I wanted to retain the stock 3 -3/8" holes but wanted 6 gauges so I found these in the interim.... for about $650... i am pretty sure it would fit the standard dash configuration perfectly.... there are sets that are cheaper with a 6 hole replacement panel by Dolphin for about $350 but i have not heard good things about them. then there are others that go up to $1500..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2023-03-06_14-20-51.jpg (52.6 KB, Multiple views, 6 clicks)
Old March 6th, 2023, 10:27 PM

What I have now is just the standard speedometer fuel, temp (H-C) and an added Oil Pressure gauge...Being that the engine is being completely rebuilt right now I thought it might be good idea to be able to monitor the new engine more closely....One option is to put a tach in the remaining 3rd circle and everything else stock

Ideally I wanted to retain the stock 3 -3/8" holes but wanted 6 gauges so i found these in the interim....
Old March 7th, 2023, 02:10 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1965 Suburban Series 1000 - 351M with mechancal tachometer - PS & PB & 2 speed Pow-R-Flow automatic
lizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enoughlizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enough

Here is something you can ponder on - take a look at a 1967 - 72 Ford F-600 dash cluster. When I up-graded my 1965 GMC Suburban - I wanted extra gauges without the "extra" look. I used the Ford vacuum gauge and the mechanical tach in the GMC's large empty circle knock-outs on both sides of the GMC's speedometer - looked closely at the remaining Ford gauges in the cluster and I believe I could have used them to - but didn't. You end up with 3 large gauges in the center and the remaining gauges on each side. These gauges are Stewart Warner gauges so they have the "look". Check out any mid 1960 - early 1970's larger "F Series" (600 -700) ect. dash clusters and see what you think.
Old March 21st, 2023, 10:13 PM

Truck: 1964 Longbed 305
JoelNC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
I have all that stuff shown. haven't got around to putting it on market place yet.
Do you have a working fuel gauge? I have my dash all pulled apart and rewired and I've narrowed it down to the actual guage. Do you have one that works that you're looking to get rid of?