6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter
 



Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Interiors, Dash, Lights and Electrical


Interiors, Dash, Lights and Electrical Everything Inside

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:46 AM
IndianJoe IndianJoe is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Capital District, NY
Truck: 63 GMC 1500 2wd LB V6 305E
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 0
IndianJoe is on a distinguished road
Default Full Gauge Cluster

I just purchased a full gauge cluster for my 63 GMC 1500 2wd. (Sun tachometer, Bat o meter, temp, fuel, speed o gauges) I'd like any sugestions about where send them to have them rehab'd.

Also, I am in the process of pulling the engine (305E) for a complete rebuild. If I replace the points ignition system with electronic ignition, can I still use the original Sun tachometer?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:58 AM
bigblockv6 bigblockv6 is offline
-= Dues Paid =-
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rohnert Park, ca.
Truck: 1968 KM2500
Posts: 1,265
Rep Power: 363
bigblockv6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Full Gauge Cluster

I'm the one you bought it from!!! Anyway the suggestion I proposed was for me to build you an entirely new circuit board to fit inside the transmitter box and eliminate the antiquated components and batteries. Pete Chronis Northern Cal. 68 GMC K-2500 478M V6
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 14th, 2013, 06:17 PM
raycow raycow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Truck: 1960 C-10 Short Fleet
Posts: 129
Rep Power: 72
raycow is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Full Gauge Cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockv6 View Post
the suggestion I proposed was for me to build you an entirely new circuit board to fit inside the transmitter box and eliminate the antiquated components and batteries.
Joe's question does bring up a good point. If, for some reason, you want to keep the original transmitter internals (and yes, I know about the mercury batteries), will it work with electronic ignition?

Ray

Last edited by raycow; March 14th, 2013 at 07:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Rustbucket Rustbucket is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Truck: '62 2wd PU, '61 4wd PU, '61 SB panel
Posts: 256
Rep Power: 104
Rustbucket is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Full Gauge Cluster

Pete or Joe can you post a photo of the cluster?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 19th, 2013, 03:17 AM
bigblockv6 bigblockv6 is offline
-= Dues Paid =-
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rohnert Park, ca.
Truck: 1968 KM2500
Posts: 1,265
Rep Power: 363
bigblockv6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Full Gauge Cluster

Rustbucket, You can go to Jolly's site and look under "Stock Instrument Custer ID" then scroll down and you will see my instrument clusters. The one with the Tach and Bat-O-Meter now belongs to Joe, the other one has a clock and Bat-O-meter. Both have the proper placement on how the factory or dealer installed the optional gauges, Send me your email address and upload and email you the full blown pics of each cluster as well as othe optional gauges that were installed on 64-66 trucks on the left of the ashtray.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:59 PM
6066gmcguy's Avatar
6066gmcguy 6066gmcguy is offline
-= Site Supporter =-
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Honeyville, Utah
Truck: 1965 3500 Rescue Squad
Age: 59
Posts: 613
Rep Power: 195
6066gmcguy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Full Gauge Cluster

There is the link to the ~~~> Stock GMC Instrument Cluster
Page.
__________________
Links to Other Places:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on FacePage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on FacePage.
Owner of:
1965 GMC 3500 Custom Rescue Squad {Black Built Bodies}
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 5th, 2018, 07:11 PM
Praxiss454 Praxiss454 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Novato, CA
Truck: 65 GMC 1000 SWB Fleetside
Posts: 29
Rep Power: 26
Praxiss454 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Full Gauge Cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockv6 View Post
Rustbucket, You can go to Jolly's site and look under "Stock Instrument Custer ID" then scroll down and you will see my instrument clusters. The one with the Tach and Bat-O-Meter now belongs to Joe, the other one has a clock and Bat-O-meter. Both have the proper placement on how the factory or dealer installed the optional gauges, Send me your email address and upload and email you the full blown pics of each cluster as well as othe optional gauges that were installed on 64-66 trucks on the left of the ashtray.
Hey bigblockv6 - sorry to resurrect this old post, but I checked the Jolly's page and I don't see pictures of optional gauges installed left of the ashtray. Can you point me in the right direction?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 6th, 2018, 12:38 AM
bigblockv6 bigblockv6 is offline
-= Dues Paid =-
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rohnert Park, ca.
Truck: 1968 KM2500
Posts: 1,265
Rep Power: 363
bigblockv6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Full Gauge Cluster

Nothing wrong with resurrecting my post from the past, I love talking about these gauges. Those were both my Clusters on Jolly's site then I sold one on ebay then it turns out to be one of our members. The gauges that are left to the ashtray I do have an illustration of one in a 1966 GMC owners manual for 4000 and up series. I'm going to have to dig it up this weekend when I get home. There should be a pic of one of these gauges on Jolly's site and it's a Voltmeter which I have. The idea of this smaller voltmeter mounted left of the ashtray allows you to have the two larger gauges like the clock and Tach and no need to run a Bat-O-Meter since all it is a voltmeter
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 6th, 2018, 12:50 AM
Praxiss454 Praxiss454 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Novato, CA
Truck: 65 GMC 1000 SWB Fleetside
Posts: 29
Rep Power: 26
Praxiss454 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Full Gauge Cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockv6 View Post
Nothing wrong with resurrecting my post from the past, I love talking about these gauges. Those were both my Clusters on Jolly's site then I sold one on ebay then it turns out to be one of our members. The gauges that are left to the ashtray I do have an illustration of one in a 1966 GMC owners manual for 4000 and up series. I'm going to have to dig it up this weekend when I get home. There should be a pic of one of these gauges on Jolly's site and it's a Voltmeter which I have. The idea of this smaller voltmeter mounted left of the ashtray allows you to have the two larger gauges like the clock and Tach and no need to run a Bat-O-Meter since all it is a voltmeter
Yeah, my ash tray is centered above my radio opening (my truck did not originally have a radio, and someone added in an aftermarket version, butchering the dash. But anyway, someone also added 3 gauges. One is a duplicate of my OEM temp gauge in the cluster, which must not work, and then an ammeter and oil pressure.

Posted this in another thread but here it is for reference:
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 6th, 2018, 01:49 AM
Praxiss454 Praxiss454 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Novato, CA
Truck: 65 GMC 1000 SWB Fleetside
Posts: 29
Rep Power: 26
Praxiss454 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Full Gauge Cluster

Hmm, tried to post this already but it didn't "stick". The reason I ask is, my ash tray is centered above my radio, and to the left someone installed 3 small gauges. I didn't know this was ever done originally, so that's kinda cool. I also don't know why I need the aftermarket water temp, maybe the one in my cluster is broken.

I was thinking it'd be cool to at least get retro style gauges for these 3 spots. maybe one small clock, and then replacements for the oil pressure and ammeter.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gauge cluster Archiver Previous Forum Posts 0 October 16th, 2007 02:11 PM
Re: gauge cluster Archiver Previous Forum Posts 0 April 15th, 2007 01:38 AM
gauge cluster Archiver Previous Forum Posts 0 April 14th, 2007 07:49 AM
Re: [6066 GMC] gauge cluster Archiver Previous Forum Posts 0 April 14th, 2007 01:10 AM
Gauge Cluster 60 mph speedo NOS Archiver Previous Forum Posts 0 April 25th, 2006 01:29 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd 121|0
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.