6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old February 17th, 2013, 12:35 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default A great day with Cecilia and my Powder Puff Mechanic

Today we got up at the crack and scraped snow/sleet off of the windows of Cecilia. Then around 8:00 I jumped in and fired her up to take her on a daddy/daughter day with the Powder Puff mechanic.

The first stop was Braums Ice Cream store to meet up with a great storyteller, Coyoterun (from this forum here) and his wife and daughter. I really meant to take a pic but I left my brain at home and forgot. Grrr!

Coyote, it was really great meeting you and the family. I had a blast! I can't tell you how much I appreciate the door for Cecilia too. The door's original color matches her color exactly so if I can find a way to buff out or blend in those rotary scuffs on the hood and keep the patina it'll be perfect for that too. I couldn't have special-ordered a better door. Thank you!

After we chatted for a couple of hours (that seemed like 30 mins or so) the ladies were getting restless to get back on the road so we said our goodbyes and parted ways.

Powder Puff and I didn't have anything else going on so we decided to just take ol' Cecilia out for a spin and see if we could get into some trouble. Plus you can't beat seeing all of the whiplash from people as you go by. We always get such great reactions.

We drove out about 2 miles into the country and found a couple of tiretracks leading off into the grass behind a power station.

Cecilia's 4wd so we said, "What the heck! Let's try it out!"

She did great. We bounced around over hills and through gulleys just generally getting our kicks. We drove over grass as tall as the truck windows and small trees too, keeping to the tracks left by whatever vehicle went through before us.

My powder puff was quite pleased with all of the root-dogging. Click any pics to see larger.

After that we still weren't ready to go home so we drove downtown to the old abandoned train depot. There we parked by the tracks under the "EDMOND" sign.

Different angle with the grain/dolese place behind

Then we moved to the front of the old depot building. Here's with the viaduct behind:

And finally with the building, condemned but still with so much character:

It was a great time. Unfortunately after this we noticed the GEN light coming on and the next time we stopped her, she wouldn't go again. I jumped her off and took her to Autozone to check the alternator. It tested fine so I went to put it back on and the alternator wire came apart in my hands. Hmph, well that's probably the reason, eh?

I patched it up with a little bit of spare speaker wire and we made it home safe and sound. I re-patched her there and she's back to 100% again, ready for next time.

The powder puff and I agree, it was a very good day.

Last edited by FetchMeAPepsi; February 17th, 2013 at 12:43 AM.
Old February 17th, 2013, 01:16 AM

Truck: GMC V12 powered '46 Chevy pu
Cayoterun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A great day with Cecilia and my Powder Puff Mechanic

We hope to see the installed door pic. posted soon.
Sipped Pepsi all the home, between pit stops.

We had a great time, too, and plan to see you in June. Maybe the PPM can give us some pointers on how to improve "Thumper's truck", and spin more Okie yarns. She's a cutie. The grandson thinks so too. Git da gun!!!!!----grin

I think I'll fix it myself, and pay the extra $500.
Old February 17th, 2013, 03:29 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 3500 Rescue Squad
6066gmcguy is on a distinguished road

Nice Photos, jsut need to get a train passing by on those tracks eh.

Not sure you want your girl to be a Powder Puff mechanic for aliving but its a good thing for here to know so she don't end up paying some one for a Muffler bearing or can of red & white striped paint.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on FacePage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
1965 GMC 3500 Custom Rescue Squad {Black Built Bodies}
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.
Old February 17th, 2013, 04:54 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 Suburban 1962 GMC Utility
Funky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really nice

Great Pics and story too. Cherished moments.