6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old September 17th, 2013, 04:22 PM

Truck: 1963 fenderside pickup
BobC is on a distinguished road
Default Redding Mini Meet II?

Thinking of putting together a mini meet again here in Redding, Calif., The best time would be at the conclusion of the "Kool April Nights" event here in Redding. This event will run from April 19 thru Sunday the 27th. It's a pretty nice event and rivals "Hot August Nights" in Reno. https://koolaprilnites.com/index.asp So I'm thinking at Redding park again on Sunday afternoon on April 27th 2pm. (event ends 1pm). I'll bbq hamburgers and hotdogs again. Also a place to sell our extra parts. Just throwing the idea out there, let me know (pm) if there is interest out there?
Old September 17th, 2013, 07:52 PM

Truck: 1960 GMC 1000 Fenderside Long Bed 2WD 305A 3-Speed
GMC Guy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Redding Mini Meet II?

I know this is not a PM, but I am interested and it's too far out to commit. Please keep me posted on status.
1960 GMC 1000 Fenderside Long Bed 2WD 305A 3-Speed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 17th, 2013, 08:42 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1965, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about

I'll "second" Arthur's comments -- interested but too far out to commit.

Ed
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1965 2500 Suburban 351C & SM420 with Watson overdrive
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435
Old September 17th, 2013, 09:09 PM

My biggest reason as for looking for interest is that I would have to reserve the park now, if it's not already too late. (since it's during Kool April nights week, it might fill up fast. But I'll go ahead and reserve it, I guess I could always cancel. Pictures of the park (kinda) are in the earlier Redding mini meet pictures post.
Old September 17th, 2013, 10:16 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Too bad you guys are in Kalifornia.
One day I'm going to sell everything I own and just roam around visiting and talking to people about these old trucks. Every time I see "Mini Meet" I'll roll that direction. Now that would be cool!

And I'd get away with it too if it weren't for these meddling kids!

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old September 18th, 2013, 01:06 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 1502 Fenderside
Foley is on a distinguished road

There is interest here. I'd be happy to come back up to Redding in April. "The other" Bob C.
Old September 18th, 2013, 03:13 AM

Truck: 62 1000
Rick is on a distinguished road

Hello All,

I too would love to attend this event again. I still have my T-shirt from the last time. Since I am retired, attending would be a no=brainer. However, I will attend only if at least 3 other's are willing to bring their GMC.

Rick Rusconi
Elk Grove, Kalif
Old September 18th, 2013, 05:46 PM

Truck: 62 3/4ton 305 Hydramatic
tommyduncan is on a distinguished road

I am like most other replies... interested but still pretty early. It might be fun to do one here someday...
Old September 18th, 2013, 10:23 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 1502 Fenderside
Foley is on a distinguished road

I probably wouldn't be able to bring my truck, but I'm thinking if Bob C. up in Redding is willing to go to all the work and effort to reserve a place to display, do the coordinating, and provide the stuff for barbequing, that I would be happy to go up there just to meet other GMC people, look at whatever trucks are there, maybe do some parts swapping and have some fun. It doesn't seem right to put conditions on it about how many rigs have to be there. "The other" Bob C. in Greenwood CA
Old September 19th, 2013, 04:50 PM

The interest is good enough for me, so I went down to City Hall to reserve the park and it went from free to $70.00. sign of the times. The Redding civic auditorium where the car show will be, will practically be empty my then or I know of a couple free parks. Not worried. I'll bring this post up again in March to see if interest is still there. Rick it would be nice seeing you there again, The last Redding Mini meet 10 years ago , I think the only problem was finding motel rooms due to Kool April nights. So early reservations are suggested (you can always cancel them) and we have several motel 6's. As I remember there was also Richard Silsbee, Rick Saunders (Sacramento I think?) Blake, Kenny Whitman, and a Ron Palmer. Jolly came close to being thee.

Last edited by BobC; September 19th, 2013 at 05:19 PM.