6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old June 13th, 2016, 04:06 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default So where is everyone?

Been looking at picture albums and I see all these trucks, but where are all the members? Several members doing intake mods on large engines, but no reports on how they run....no videos....Just pictures? Or one album was showing headers for a 305, How well did they increase performance? Any videos? Seems like a ton of stuff was going on with this site in the 2010-2012 years but now it's awfully quiet. lol So where is everybody? I know we are a rare type that doesn't slap a 350 into Everything we own, but there's a lot of members here. There was even a member looking into turbo charging one of these, seems like the thread just died. Did he give up? I know life gets in the way...haha....Number One reason my 66 is still in pieces...But seems like many have disappeared. Same thing at the 67-72 chevy truck forum! Back in the 2010-2012 years I've seen several old threads about V6's, and what where the members there saying? You guessed it..Throw in a 350. Seems like that has rubbed off on the entire world of restoration...if it ain't Cheap it ain't worth it. Who cares about being adventurous. Just take the easy routs in life. I hope by the time I'm retired this hobby won't be dead. And what I mean by that is....Everyone with the same engine, same paint job and same stinking slammed suspension and 5 spoke rims. I'm gonna be really mad if one day when I rebuild the 305 V6 in my GMC, I won't be able to because no parts will be available due to people scrapping perfectly good engines.

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TJ's GMC; June 13th, 2016 at 04:15 PM.
Old June 13th, 2016, 04:58 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: So where is everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's GMC View Post
Been looking at picture albums and I see all these trucks, but where are all the members? Several members doing intake mods on large engines, but no reports on how they run....no videos....Just pictures? Or one album was showing headers for a 305, How well did they increase performance? Any videos? Seems like a ton of stuff was going on with this site in the 2010-2012 years but now it's awfully quiet. lol So where is everybody? I know we are a rare type that doesn't slap a 350 into Everything we own, but there's a lot of members here. There was even a member looking into turbo charging one of these, seems like the thread just died. Did he give up? I know life gets in the way...haha....Number One reason my 66 is still in pieces...But seems like many have disappeared. Same thing at the 67-72 chevy truck forum! Back in the 2010-2012 years I've seen several old threads about V6's, and what where the members there saying? You guessed it..Throw in a 350. Seems like that has rubbed off on the entire world of restoration...if it ain't Cheap it ain't worth it. Who cares about being adventurous. Just take the easy routs in life. I hope by the time I'm retired this hobby won't be dead. And what I mean by that is....Everyone with the same engine, same paint job and same stinking slammed suspension and 5 spoke rims. I'm gonna be really mad if one day when I rebuild the 305 V6 in my GMC, I won't be able to because no parts will be available due to people scrapping perfectly good engines.

I think these things go in waves. Trucks are really cool for a couple of years then they die out as people realize that they can't just tear one apart and have it magically rebuild itself. I still LOVE my truck, but I haven't had time to work on it because I'm getting older (finally out of my 30s) and now my kids have projects I have to work on (thanks kids). And there's the older generation with their issues, we able bodied have to take care of them and do for them.

I guess it's the big LIFE getting in the way. Anyway, it'll come back around. I'll be finished with the kid's car this summer and the boat I bought for the Prodigal Dad, then it's back to my old mainstay- my truck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old June 13th, 2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi View Post
I think these things go in waves. Trucks are really cool for a couple of years then they die out as people realize that they can't just tear one apart and have it magically rebuild itself. I still LOVE my truck, but I haven't had time to work on it because I'm getting older (finally out of my 30s) and now my kids have projects I have to work on (thanks kids). And there's the older generation with their issues, we able bodied have to take care of them and do for them.

I guess it's the big LIFE getting in the way. Anyway, it'll come back around. I'll be finished with the kid's car this summer and the boat I bought for the Prodigal Dad, then it's back to my old mainstay- my truck.
Yeah, I know how you feel. I'm not even 20 yet and between school, working 6 days a week so I can save money for my trucks, keeping the place looking decent, cutting firewood, and the list goes on....I'm busy! Oh yeah...the Heat. haha It's tough finding time, and when I Do have time it's hard to get motivated cause sometimes a man just needs a break. But, when I do get truck time...I spend a Minimum of 6 hours straight. haha! Amazing what you can get done in that amount of time. Got my 66's cab completely stripped and ready for cleaning on a Saturday I had off. Now it's building a roller cart for it and making a cover so I can sand blast. But since it was in the 90's yesterday....the a/c in the house sure was nice. And it's just gonna get hotter from here on out to. Ah well, that's what 5:30 AM is for!

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420

Old June 13th, 2016, 06:18 PM
GMC Advisor

Truck: 1961 Short Fenderside
WDShaffer is on a distinguished road

My teen is now poking me to get busy on the old truck. New Build Thread: Lazarus Project

(Day One -- when I had hair!)
Old June 13th, 2016, 06:53 PM

Truck: 64 Gmc suburbann 305e, 4speed. v12 truck engine, v12 irrigation,2-305e,305a,305d
bobdylan is on a distinguished road

I have been wondering where people are my self, a lot of times you respond to a post, and the conversation ends. I am sticking with these engines, parts can be found just takes time.
Old June 13th, 2016, 07:58 PM

I agree Bob. I love the 305 in my 64. And to think of all the fun I WOULDN'T have had with it had I just dumped in a 350 like a ton of other people. It's been a great experience seeing the gains in dual exhaust, and opening up a manifold to fit the 4 barrel. I will say this...my GMC will Never see a V8. If I change anything...I'm going Detroit or Cummins. But I still prefer a 478 v6 over those two. And I agree, I don't like it when you reply and suddenly the conversation just stops. Had plenty of those happen!

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420

Old June 13th, 2016, 09:12 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDShaffer View Post
My teen is now poking me to get busy on the old truck. New Build Thread: Lazarus Project

(Day One -- when I had hair!)
Hey WD! Glad to see you're getting back in the swing of things! Your pic isn't showing up though. Says "Moved or deleted".

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old June 13th, 2016, 09:13 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdylan View Post
I have been wondering where people are my self, a lot of times you respond to a post, and the conversation ends. I am sticking with these engines, parts can be found just takes time.
Yep, they get their info and they disappear. It's normal on forums though. People just have not stick-to-it-iveness anymore.

Old June 14th, 2016, 07:14 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 Suburban 1962 GMC Utility
Funky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really nice

I still have the suburban that initially brought me here. Its post like this one that made go outside and see if my Suburban would start after weeks of just sitting; and she did! I let her warm up and reevaluated what I wanted to do about the seating.
I caught myself just admiring the lines and the early hood and all the other things I sorta forgot I had done to her.
Maybe I'll post a video up like TJ or try and bemuse the others with a well told story like Fetch has done.
This thread has my thoughts disturbed over my 61 Burb. Thanks for kicking up some dust to wake me up.
Henry.
Old June 14th, 2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky61 View Post
I still have the suburban that initially brought me here. Its post like this one that made go outside and see if my Suburban would start after weeks of just sitting; and she did! I let her warm up and reevaluated what I wanted to do about the seating.
I caught myself just admiring the lines and the early hood and all the other things I sorta forgot I had done to her.
Maybe I'll post a video up like TJ or try and bemuse the others with a well told story like Fetch has done.
This thread has my thoughts disturbed over my 61 Burb. Thanks for kicking up some dust to wake me up.
Henry.
Glad ya got some motivation! Hope to see a video soon!

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420