6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Closed Thread

Old November 25th, 2016, 03:39 AM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: 1960 Pick up VIN location

I didn't say the motor, carburetor and filter were incorrect, I said the cab may be. Those items are NOT connected to the cab.
That's the trouble with WIKI sites, they keep repeating the same thing. Get yourself a GMC x-6023 manual. Read it. It says what I said it says. They are all over Ebay. Save up and buy one. Your truck VIN plate is wrong. Need to learn to search better. Don't keep looking at the same picture on different sites and thinking that is proof. That's not intelligent. You make it hard to get thru to you and it sounds condescending because you don't like that you are wrong and are using wrong info and not my info. I've said several times that we will correct it. Can't do it tonight. Good luck with your Title mess. Can't help people who won't listen. I know you are doing something fishy and you know it, bro.

Last edited by AZKen; November 25th, 2016 at 03:55 AM.
Old November 25th, 2016, 03:51 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC 1/2 ton SWB Fleetside
AngryPirate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
I didn't say the motor, carburetor and filter were incorrect, I said the cab may be. Those items are NOT connected to the cab. BTW I was editing my post when you posted.
Can you direct us to the website that says your VIN location is correct? Would love to learn from them so we can leave ours or correct.
Post a picture from this manual speak of please.

Reference added to my previous post. It references the 6066gmcguy site as a source, but posters in that thread confirm what the 6066gmcguy information states.

Another clone found! See this build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444502

Look at this picture, found in thread posting #7
Old November 25th, 2016, 03:54 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
Need to learn to search better. Don't keep looking at the same picture on different sites and thinking that is proof. That's not intelligent.
Classic, rude and condescending Ken.
Old November 25th, 2016, 03:57 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
Get yourself a GMC x-6023 manual
I don't need to, you have one. I just need you to snap a picture of yours that tells the exact placement of a 1000 series 1960 GMC truck.

You want to be helpful, do that.
Old November 25th, 2016, 04:15 AM

AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

OK, this may count in your mind as rude and condescending but, respectfully: Your own link proves what I said, You just didn't look.

If I post a picture of the manual for you it does two things.
1. Helps you plan your scam on the DMV
2. Allows you to call me a liar
3. Maybe someone else will help you

You are going to have to learn this deal the hard way. You say: don't respond to your posts.
You make condescending remarks about "must also be a clone". You ask for a picture from my manual.
I think I'll not respond now and watch you get schooled. You ask and you got the answer you didn't want. So you call it condescending, Makes you feel good.

Last edited by AZKen; November 25th, 2016 at 04:22 AM.
Old November 25th, 2016, 04:25 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
OK, this may count in your mind as rude and condescending but, respectfully: Your own link proves what I said, You just didn't look.

If I post a picture of the manual for you it does two things.
1. Helps you plan your scam on the DMV
2. Allows you to call me a liar
3. Maybe someone else will help you

You are going to have to learn this deal the hard way. You say: don't respond to your posts.
You make condescending remarks about "must also be a clone". You ask for a picture from my manual.
I think I'll not respond now and watch you get schooled. You ask and you got the answer you didn't want. So you call it condescending, Makes you feel good.
And there you have folks, a list of odd and weak excuses so Ken doesn't have to admit he's wrong.
Thanks again, for nothing Ken.

Please don't respond. Good riddance.
Old November 25th, 2016, 05:03 AM

Tell you what Bro, you post your genuine original Factory GMC riveted "A" pillar plate and I'll post the Manual page. Now will see who's weak buddy.
Old November 25th, 2016, 05:18 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
Tell you what Bro, you post your genuine original Factory GMC riveted "A" pillar plate and I'll post the Manual page. Now will see who's weak buddy.
I thought you were done and were going to let me fade away?

Here ya go buddy...a picture of the document I was going to send in my DMV packet. Also, I already took the whole truck on a trailer to the sheriffs office.
Hey! Look at the picture I attached, it's the same serial # I posted earlier.

Also, we know who's weak Ken. It's you.

Are you done yet? You going to let me fade away?

You can post the manual pages if you want, but I'm getting another member, who has that manual to find those pages, if they exist and send them to me.

I'll post them here once I get them. If you're right, I'll still post them, because that's what adults do.

Also, please let me fade away. No really, please let me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-11-24 23.10.14.jpg (1.68 MB, Multiple views, 20 clicks)
Old November 25th, 2016, 05:20 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Here's a picture of the old registration sticker from when it was last registered in Texas....

The lengths I must be going to, to mastermind this plan of mine huh?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-01-17 13.04.32.jpg (1.98 MB, Multiple views, 6 clicks)
Old November 25th, 2016, 05:26 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 1500 Wideside, 1961 1000 Wideside
snazzypig is a jewel in the roughsnazzypig is a jewel in the roughsnazzypig is a jewel in the roughsnazzypig is a jewel in the rough

Don't know if I should step in here, but just wanted to share my knowledge and research on the subject. I have a 1960 and 1961 GMC, both 1000 series. Both have factory drilled holes on the left door (A) pillar, apparently for a serial number (VIN) plate, but no plate was ever riveted there. Both factory paint. Instead, the serial number is stamped on the ratings plate on the left kick panel area. Both vehicles were inspected here in Colorado after being brought here from out of state and were titled from that serial number location. Yes I have heard that Texas is particularly strict on title issues.

I have also taken the time to look at the picture albums on this site and elsewhere, and have seen multiple 60 and 61's with the same thing: 2 holes on the door pillar with the same spacing and size, and no plate there. I assume those trucks also have their serial numbers on the data plate. I also have heard that GMC's from this era do not have frame stamped serial numbers.
I hope this helps.
Closed Thread