6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Builds and Journals

Builds and Journals This is where the magic happens. Photograph & document your GMC build progress for posterity.
NOTICE - Photobucket will delete your pics after a time. Use another host if possible.

Old September 1st, 2019, 05:30 AM

Truck: 1965 Longbed
HowIsThis is on a distinguished road
Default Here we go

Alright guys, it’s tjme to get my 65 back up and running

First off, who can recommend a reliable source for parts?
I need a fuel pump for a v6 305. I prefer OEM if anyone knows where I can ge then for a deal or for cheap

Thanks
Old September 1st, 2019, 07:51 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1965, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Here we go

Quote:
Alright guys, it’s tjme to get my 65 back up and running

First off, who can recommend a reliable source for parts?
I need a fuel pump for a v6 305. I prefer OEM if anyone knows where I can ge then for a deal or for cheap

Thanks
See

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

for part numbers. NAPA is as good a source as any.
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1965 2500 Suburban 351C & SM420 with Watson overdrive
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435
Old September 1st, 2019, 11:27 AM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Parts are where you find them.

Last edited by AZKen; September 1st, 2019 at 11:33 AM.
Old September 1st, 2019, 01:17 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1965 Suburban Series 1000 - 351M with mechancal tachometer - PS & PB & 2 speed Pow-R-Flow automatic
lizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enoughlizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enough

Not to throw a wrench into your mind set - but expecting a deal or cheap parts for your project is not the route to plan on traveling - I agree 100 percent on OEM or even good condition used parts as the route to go - remember NOS parts can age like fuel pumps or anything with seals/gaskets that can be junk right out of the box. Being in the old car/truck - hobby/business for 40 odd years, other people and I have learnt that you get what pay for - get the best you can with the first purchase you make - NAPA is a good source for our trucks. BUY AMERICAN when you can.

Old September 1st, 2019, 05:14 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

There are no OEM parts for our trucks. People throw out that word and everybody has a different meaning. It's really not a word we should use. The Original Equipment Manufacturers are long gone. Only aftermarket parts are available new. If the part is specific for a 65 GMC 305, then it is built or rebuilt per specs. You would never want a used fuel pump and as Lizzie says, you don't want NOS parts with perishables in them. (rubber, gaskets, springs, fluids, plastic, rusted, paper)
Many times Chinese is unavoidable now-a-days. The quality of parts is impossible to know. The warranty is all you have. You can expect some parts to fail right out of the box. You just return it for another or refund and move on. A part can have just one supplier for all vendors. Once in a while, they get a bad part. Nothing they can do about it except replace.

One of the "arts" of restoration is learning how to rebuild/fix parts and how to find parts on the internet. Donor, new, NOS, rebuilt. OEM
We don't mind helping, but you should learn to "google". NAPA, Rockauto, FLAPS, Summit, Speedway Auto, Jeggs, Classic Truck Parts of America, Jim Carter, Amazon, 6066GMCCLUB "wanted". If you get stumped, we can help. I found the pump in 5 minutes, available in 3 places.

Last edited by AZKen; September 1st, 2019 at 07:48 PM.