6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Builds and Journals

Builds and Journals This is where the magic happens. Photograph & document your GMC build progress for posterity.
NOTICE - Photobucket will delete your pics after a time. Use another host if possible.

Old April 7th, 2019, 12:53 AM

Truck: 1962 GMC 1500 Truck
Bruno is on a distinguished road
Default New Project

HI
I'm new here just bought a 1962 GMC project. It has been sitting since 1993 was able to start with gravity fed gas. Lot's of work to do but should be rolling soon.
Love Bruno
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2019-03-23-10-43-29.png (910.4 KB, Multiple views, 42 clicks)
Old April 7th, 2019, 07:48 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1965, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New Project

Quote:
HI
I'm new here just bought a 1962 GMC project. It has been sitting since 1993 was able to start with gravity fed gas. Lot's of work to do but should be rolling soon.
Love Bruno
Welcome to the forum, Bruno! Keep us posted on your progress. We hope your project still has the V6, and that you plan to keep it.
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1965 2500 Suburban 351C & SM420 with Watson overdrive
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435
Old April 7th, 2019, 05:13 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Those colors are the kind of colors people try to replicate for a "patina". Nice truck! What kind of tires are on it? I can't believe they still have air, haha!

Got any more pictures?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old April 8th, 2019, 01:51 AM

It does have the big block V6 and I plan to keep them together. 3 tires held air and the spare made the 4th. So far I have redone the fuel delivery, next I need to tackle the ignition as I didn't get any keys. I bought new tumblers with keys and plan to drill out the old. I will need to make it stop before I can go. The master cylinder was dry.
I will post more photos as I go along. My wife doesn't understand the Patina thing but I am hoping it grows on her. I love the way it looks.
Old April 8th, 2019, 09:01 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 Custom Wideside SB
jagarra is on a distinguished road

That kind of patina is hard to duplicate. For your brakes, NAPA has a lot of the items available, master, wheel cylinders and kits. If not in a hurry Rock Auto has items. If you rebuild the master yourself, the clutch side is assembled differently than the brake side, even though the kits are the same.
Have fun,
Old April 9th, 2019, 01:59 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 1002 GMC V6-305E
LEWISMATKIN will become famous soon enoughLEWISMATKIN will become famous soon enoughLEWISMATKIN will become famous soon enough

if you need any parts numbers for napa, just drop me a note. I'll do the best i can to furnish you with the right p/n. BTW, welcome to the forum.

Old April 14th, 2019, 05:18 AM

Some progress was made this week. I didn't get any keys with the old girl so I removed the driver side door handle and took it to the local locksmith who told me that though he could make a key to open the door, the ignition key would be different. So I paid him 25 bucks to make a door key. When I got home I has happy to see that mister locksmith was mistaken and that new key also turns the ignition.
I flushed out the radiator and water jacket in the block before installing new hoses and filling with anti freeze.
I bought a battery and now I need to add some gas to the tank and see if I can make her run.
Love Bruce
Old April 18th, 2019, 02:33 AM

The old girl started right up. But I need to rebuild the carburetor as it is leaking gas.
Love Bruce
Old April 18th, 2019, 02:21 PM

The old girl has a name. When I asked my family for suggestions my Mom who goes by her middle name Lorraine suggested her first name. So I'm naming her Irma.
Love Bruce
Old April 18th, 2019, 03:13 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The old girl has a name. When I asked my family for suggestions my Mom who goes by her middle name Lorraine suggested her first name. So I'm naming her Irma.
Love Bruce
That's a great name! You should change the title to "Irma's build thread 1962 GMC k1000" or something like that so people can find it when they search for 1962 year models.

You're making a ton of progress. Now how about those pictures?!!!!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.