6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old May 18th, 2019, 04:07 AM

Truck: 1966 1000 Wideside 1962 1500 Wideside 401 Magnum
Quigley will become famous soon enoughQuigley will become famous soon enough
Smile Little Skunks

Anybody remember these?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (669.0 KB, Multiple views, 21 clicks)
Old May 18th, 2019, 12:23 PM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Little Skunks

Vaguely. I never bought any, but they certainly had to have smelled better than the real McCoy's, those little stinkers known as "two tone putty cats with fluid drive"!!

Last edited by George Bongert; May 18th, 2019 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Changed a word that is otherwise considered offensive
Old June 24th, 2019, 12:32 AM

Truck: GMC V12 powered '46 Chevy pu
Cayoterun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Little Skunks

A true Skunk story:
Flash back: Gentry, Ark, Class of '58.
Raising money for class trip: Class members put on a school play, charged admission.
Play plot: Bridge washed out ahead of the train. Was stranded in small town depot.
One character was a rich, sophisticated lady with highly pedigreed cat. She could use a real cat, or an empty hat box with holes. Also, a great sport for fun.
Earlier, a neighbors dog had killed a mother skunk near our place but not knowing it, he found her nest with baby skunks soon after, that didn't have their eyes open yet. We took one, and raised her on a doll bottle. When she got a little bigger, Dad took her to the Vet, and he removed her scent glands. ( That's against the law, now). I said to Sue, during one of the play practices, "Sue, your chicken if you don't use our skunk." Her quick answer was, "If you got a skunk, I'll do it". Soo, on the day of the school play for the elementary school kids, I brought the skunk in my car in a box, left her in the car until time for the play. Gave her to Sue in the box. The skunk was as gentle as real cat. Sue loved it, as well as our class sponsor. During the character introductions, The rich lady came out, bragging about her great cat, opened the box, and lifted the skunk out. The oohs, aaahhs, and whispers that went thru the kids. I left the Skunk at home that night, as we didn't want her to be harmed with too much commotion around her. The school play that night was packed with parents that asked where the skunk was afterwards.
At school class reunions, Stinky-the skunk always gets mentioned and credit given for help raising enough money for our class to go to New Orleans, La.

I think I'll fix it myself, and pay the extra $500.