6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Builds and Journals

Builds and Journals This is where the magic happens. Photograph & document your GMC build progress for posterity.
NOTICE - Photobucket will delete your pics after a time. Use another host if possible.

Old February 29th, 2020, 02:23 PM

Truck: 64 1/2 ton
tbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 1965 GMC in the alps. Greetings from Austria.

As usual Tom your workmanship is unparalleled. Your brakes look twice the size as my 1000 trucks. Congrats on getting it to a rolling chassis. Keep up the good work.

1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 cu inch, SM420
Finished Cab off restoration

1964 GMC 1000
305 V6, SM 420
Restoration is now started, still looking for an oldsmobile style power steering pump
Old March 1st, 2020, 03:55 PM

Truck: Grew up with one.
Zorba is on a distinguished road

WOW! That is impressive.
Old May 13th, 2020, 01:01 PM

Truck: GMC 1500 1965
GMCTom will become famous soon enoughGMCTom will become famous soon enough

I hope everybody is fine

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

The last weeks I installed the brake lines again (dual circuit)

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Next project was the Muncie 318 transmission

Next thing was fun. Someone pressed a further washer into the main drive gear. I think this was the reason why the rear bearing of the main shaft was broken. The additional washer pushed the main shaft backwards.

I also found the speedometer from 1965

After disassemling the transmission I cleaned and painted the housing

Started with assembling. New bearings, needles,

Next step is the steering column and the engine. the engine is currently dismantled. Update will follow as soon as possible

Old June 10th, 2020, 12:16 PM

Update-Time

As I said, the next step is the steering column. Currently I have disassembled, blasted and powder coated the steering column. Next step is to assemble it. I also painted the first parts by myself. I think it's not so bad.

There is only a little problem with the plug of the turn signal. The counterpart on the wiring harness is unfortunately no longer available. Someone was playing with a knife. Unfortunately, the connector can no longer be bought. I will probably lay the cables straight through and connect them with solder connectors.

The most difficult decision for me was the choice of color for the truck . I've been most concerned about it for the past two years. The decision was made for Fawn for the interior and Light Blue for the exterior. The roof top turns white. I think that goes well together. I bought extra original color cards on eBay.

The first engine parts have already been painted. Please don't hit me, but the red from Ford worked best

Now the pictures for you. If someone needs detailed photos, please contact me.

Old June 10th, 2020, 06:22 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 Suburban 1962 GMC Utility
Funky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really nice

Beautiful detail and work GMCTOM! The Ford red looks right on the mark.

Old June 11th, 2020, 04:09 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 1500 Wideside, 1961 1000 Wideside
snazzypig is a jewel in the roughsnazzypig is a jewel in the roughsnazzypig is a jewel in the roughsnazzypig is a jewel in the rough

Outstanding work GMCTom!! I can see many happy hours of labor there.
Old June 15th, 2020, 06:25 AM

Hello friends

Thank you for your positive feedback. That motivates me in my project. Special thanks to Steve for his help by mail

Old July 17th, 2020, 07:54 AM

Steering column is almost finished.

This website was useful.

What is still missing is a new turn signal switch for resetting the lever. It's available at LMC. Here some photos.

Old August 2nd, 2020, 04:22 PM

Truck: 65 GMC
Ccsmith is on a distinguished road

Wow! The work you have done is really impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old August 17th, 2020, 08:40 AM

Thank you Ccsmith

At the moment the engine is in progress. Cleaned and painted it the last weeks.
Next step is to change the timing chain. The plan is also to put the engine back into the frame over the next 3-4 weeks.
I'm currently waiting for the newly galvanized screws.

The part with the aluminum foil looks like from outer space but its cheap and fast