6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Other Rides and Projects

Other Rides and Projects Working on another year GMC? Maybe a Chevy, Dodge, F*rd, or even refinishing cabinets? Share your progress or start a build thread and let members follow along!

Old September 13th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Banned

Truck: None. Sold them all and became a hermit.
BarryGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Ugly 75 Plymouth

Here is the ugliest car I own. Its so ugly its almost cute. This car came with a house I bought from an estate last year. As a lark I told the trustee to throw in the car, and at first she said no can do. Right before closing the attorney called and said they cant find the keys. They dont want to deal with it. A few months later a set of keys were found above the man door to the garage. Problem solved. This car is a one owner car with 35,229 miles. Slant 6, ac, at, ps. The back seat belts appear to never been used. Its surprising the comments you get when driving this crappy green colored sedan . I really don't know what to do with this car. So I will probably just put it on ice for a few years, cause when was the last time anyone saw a 75 plymouth valiant custom with this kind of mileage and needing nothing. Barry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 007.JPG (3.51 MB, Multiple views, 20 clicks)
File Type: jpg 008.JPG (3.32 MB, Multiple views, 15 clicks)
File Type: jpg 009.JPG (3.51 MB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)
File Type: jpg 006.JPG (3.52 MB, Multiple views, 10 clicks)
File Type: jpg 010.JPG (3.20 MB, Multiple views, 10 clicks)
File Type: jpg 005.JPG (3.51 MB, Multiple views, 12 clicks)
Old September 13th, 2013, 10:05 PM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ugly 75 Plymouth

Ugly?
No way.
I bought a '72 Dart (similar body style) off a drunk driver's uncle (the driver wrecked one too many times and was in jail, didn't need the car). *Now* that was an ugly car as every body panel had some kind of dent. BUT it ran well and got me to work every day.

My wife says that looks exactly like her mother's old 4-door Dodge Dart, also a '75. Of course it would look similar as Dart = Valiant, same body.

Hey, if you don't want it... I could always use another car.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500
Old September 13th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Banned

Its the Green I dont like. If you want it shoot me a pm.
Old July 18th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Banned

Update on the valiant. Its been the daily driver for the better half. The AC is the real reason. The boy has grabbed the jeep its easier on gas and his job takes him all over out of town. He is the grunt on a framing crew.
Old July 19th, 2014, 02:07 AM

David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough

heh heh.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Spokane County and Spokane Falls... I interviewed with both of them for Building Inspector/Plans Examiner positions.

Although... its been a while so no news is probably not hired (even though the ads are still up).

It would have meant trying to move my fleet (and spare parts) to that area if not selling most of it off. Oh well...
I'd have been in your area though... could have fed each others GMC habits and annoyed the wives.
<grin>
mailto:

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500
Old July 19th, 2014, 03:18 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

That's not ugly, that's my brother

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

It looks like a regular 70's car but that interior is something else. And no rips or tears in the outside headliner either. Id say you scored big time getting that for freeeeeeeEEEE!

(Sorry but anytime I fall into a deal like that I hear Rob Shneider saying "For Freeeee! Makes me chuckle every time)

src="https://

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old July 19th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Banned

Hey David keep trying. I have been to your area and its nice. But I think Spokane must have the highest per capita old truck ownership of any place I have been. I know of dozens of 60-66 GMC trucks.still used as old pickups.
I realized I did not put a pic of the Plymouth slant six. So hear are a few.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140719_101334.jpg (753.0 KB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140719_101416.jpg (649.0 KB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)
Old July 19th, 2014, 09:25 PM

I have been all over Washington for interviews.
It was the mention of your son doing framing that made me chuckle a bit. If they hired me, I could be affecting his job... by inspecting or doing plan review.
Then thinking about the places we looked to live, if I did get hired there, that have shops or space to put a shop...
Not only could we annoy our wives, but...

Gee Dave, if I -give- you this part, do you think you could lift the stop work order so my kid can get back to work?

Heh heh heh heh.
Just an odd thought that ran through my mind. Gotta keep a sense of humor these days, not enough money to work on my trucks and not having the best of luck getting information back from these job interviews.
mailto:

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500
Old July 19th, 2014, 10:51 PM

Truck: 1968 HM80 with a 478M and a few engines plus a Toro-Flow
turbobill is on a distinguished road

The green is the best part. At least back then, one could pick from 15 or so colors and combinations (interiors too). Today everything is the same five colors and interiors are stuck on various shades of grey or black. For 40 plus grand, you can have something that looks like everybody elses.

One vehicle in a parking lot looks like every other vehicle in the parking lot.
Old September 21st, 2014, 01:42 AM
Banned

Well the old valient has traveled a 1000 miles in the last few months. One 300 mile road trip and a lot of town driving. Its averaged 21 MPG and has worked perfectly. Drive them old rigs. Its fun. Barry