6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Computer / Forum Help

Computer / Forum Help Help using the forum or your cantankerous computer

Old April 1st, 2014, 11:15 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default REsize your super huge pictures

Heres another tip for pictures guys. Sometimes pics are TOO HUGE to use anywhere. So when you post them they just go BLAH all over the page.

For me I like using stuff that is no fuss so I found this FREE little application. You install it and from then on you can just right click a picture and select "Resize with Light Image Resizer" and BOOM a new copy is made in a more web friendly size.

Upload that resized pic then delete it and the rest of the world will thank you. It doesnt mess with your original at all!

Here's a link

http://www.obviousidea.com/windows-s...image-resizer/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 05:12 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup
Culver Adams is on a distinguished road
Default Re: REsize your super huge pictures

Thanks for posting this, Fetch.

I've been saving some of those too huge photos on my hard drive, hoping I could find a store that would print them on something waterproof. Then I'd have tarps to put over the shade tree garage ;=) . Guess that dream is gone :=( .

Regards and Have a great day,

Culver
Old April 3rd, 2014, 03:38 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culver Adams View Post
Thanks for posting this, Fetch.

I've been saving some of those too huge photos on my hard drive, hoping I could find a store that would print them on something waterproof. Then I'd have tarps to put over the shade tree garage ;=) . Guess that dream is gone :=( .

Regards and Have a great day,

Culver
Take them to a modern large scale sign shop that does digital printing---they can blow them up billboard size on out door quality vinyl banner material! I was an old-school billboard sign painter for many years and those new-fangled machines took away my profession!

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday
Old July 28th, 2014, 09:45 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

The programmers that made Light Image Resizer broke their FREE, NAGLESS program by adding a bunch of ads and a countdown timer to it so heres the old version that works on Windows xp up to windows 8. Just install and enjoy it.
No nags, no ads, just sweet, sweet picture squashin!

Jeannie could you add this to the first post for me please?
Attached Files
File Type: zip LightImageResizer-4.6.3.0.exe.zip (5.86 MB, Multiple views, 12 clicks)

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.