6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old April 22nd, 2019, 01:50 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1966 gmc 1500
ilvracn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What did you do for your GMC today?

i drove the 66 to adair ia. for pizza sat night. zips pizza, best pizza in iowa. it's about 25 miles, but we took the long way, put on about 75 miles. nice to have the wind blowing in the windows, who needs a radio.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 01:55 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvracn View Post
who needs a radio.
Amen Brother!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 04:05 PM

Truck: I don't own one - YET!
POWERSTROKE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvracn View Post
i drove the 66 to adair ia. for pizza sat night. zips pizza, best pizza in iowa. it's about 25 miles, but we took the long way, put on about 75 miles. nice to have the wind blowing in the windows, who needs a radio.
A pizza run is almost better than a beer run, maybe is better. With the V6 burbling away I'd have had the windows open if it was 20 degrees F out!

When I straight piped my 7.3L PSD in my F-250, it whistled so nice from the turbo I'd run with the passenger side window open about 3 inches even in below zero weather. The heater in the newer Ford's were good enough to keep your warm. Drove 70 miles home from work one Friday night with a shattered driver's door window. Had an inch or two of snow, stuck the weather stripping to the glass. Hit the power window down button and the window shattered like it was shot with a 30-06!
Old April 24th, 2019, 11:27 PM

Truck: 1966 1000 Wideside 1962 1500 Wideside 401 Magnum
Quigley will become famous soon enoughQuigley will become famous soon enough

On my 62 I pulled the motor back out completely disassembled it and took the bare block,crank,rods and pistons,front hub and flywheel to my machine shop. Dave
Old April 25th, 2019, 04:20 PM

Truck: '63 K1000, '66 C4000
Rockdriller is on a distinguished road

I open the hood. And then I said I do good work, when I do it.
Old April 26th, 2019, 12:39 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

I opened the hood too, but just disconnected the battery tender and turned her over to make sure she still wanted to start. No problem!
I'm still tied up to other projects, but soon she'll get her transmission pulled and I'll try to figure out why the heck 2nd gear isn't working.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old April 30th, 2019, 12:07 AM

Truck: 1963 1500 custom cab
jerrspud is on a distinguished road

got stuck.. and ordered a 500 cfm holley
Old December 6th, 2019, 05:54 AM

Truck: 1960 1500
fourhundredorbust is on a distinguished road
Default What I did for my truck today

Hi all,

I've seen this on other forums as a way to help inspire/motivate each other to keep "betterin" our rigs. Maybe it'll catch on here, maybe not but in any case I'll start off.

Today I installed a new door stopper for the driver's door. The original one was broke and the door was being stopped by the upper fender/cowl piece if one wasn't careful (of course I was...but that p.o!) and it has dented the door. To replace the stopper I had to take out the vent wing window and the window and mechanism. It seemed a lot of effort for something that is just 2 screws but now I know how to do it when the time comes to replace all those worn out seals and felts! It is sure nice not to have to worrying about further damage on the door.
Old December 6th, 2019, 01:42 PM

Truck: 64 1/2 ton
tbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What I did for my truck today

Hello back, I have seen this thread on other forums and it is one of the largest and longest running too. Great idea on your part. I finished up a restoration on my 53 Chev 3100 in 2018 and my entire premise was to get out in the garage everyday for at least 1/2 hour. Even if you only go out there to look around and think, it was a great opportunity to keep things going if not to make lists for future ordering of parts and supplies. Stalled restoration projects are caused because for lack of a better term recent familiarity. In other words, you forgot what you were doing, or what you needed to buy to keep it going or where you put something. Threads like this keep the interest and tends to keep people moving towards completion.
So with that said, I removed the left front tire and wheel of my 64 GMC and bird-dogged the slow leak to a leaky valve stem. Took it up to the tire store and had them dismount and replace the stem, and get this a big bonus-- it cost me nothing.
BTW, I'm just up the street from you, what are you working on?

Lets keep this going.

Steve

1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 cu inch, SM420
Finished Cab off restoration

1964 GMC 1000
305 V6, SM 420
Restoration is now started, still looking for an oldsmobile style power steering pump
Old December 6th, 2019, 02:01 PM

Truck: Shopping for a 1960-61 4x4
Jeannie is on a distinguished road

Threads merged.