6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old November 23rd, 2023, 01:27 AM

Truck: 68 2500
Troyport is on a distinguished road
Default Clutch parts

Hello all... I have a 68 GMC 2500 with the NP435 and 351 V6. I know this is the wrong forum, but very tired of people telling me Chevy stuff is the same... anyway... rebuilding the clutch system.. having the disk, pressure plate, flywheel rebuilt... but also looking for linkage, clutch fork, and pivot ball. Anyone know a source? THANKS!
Old November 23rd, 2023, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Clutch parts

To boil it down, I am finding none of the usual catalogs have the correct parts. Needing the pivot fork, pivot ball stud, and the linkage from the pedal to the bell crank. Thanks
Old November 23rd, 2023, 01:21 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Those are tough parts to find since Brother 'Bama did the Cash for Clunkers plan that forced hundreds of tons of old cars into the crusher.

If it were me, I'd be looking for a whole 305 engine. They can be bought for $500 and usually (in my experience) include the bell and parts, sometimes even the transmission. You'd just have to ask for the linkage to be thrown in.

You can either keep it as a spare, or you can toss what you don't need or resell it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old November 23rd, 2023, 06:00 PM

Bama... that's funny! And happily, we're in the middle of his 3rd term. Makes me want to puke... Anyway, so I may have a challenge on my hands. My linkage is half worn through. I am thinking I will need to weld it and grind it down. Maybe the same with the ball stud. However, it looks like the adjustable pivot studs might have the same threads.. 7/16-20. Anyone tried this? Any other ideas?
Old November 23rd, 2023, 06:21 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

I know! I've about had all the third term I can afford. Funny how people forget how bad the Bama years were, now they're complaining that money's tight, jobs are scarce, and inflation's up - again. Hmm, imagine that?

Anyway, I've heard of people doing the old weld&grind on their rods and linkage and it works fine. I haven't done it myself.

I can't answer the other one though. I haven't messed with the pivot studs any. Maybe someone will be along after Turkey day and chime in. We have some old codgers here that were almost born in these trucks. If there's a repair or southern engineering method to keep them going, they've probably done it.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old November 24th, 2023, 05:43 PM

Truck: 1963 GMC 1000 sm420 305E lwb wideside
jmfurgason is on a distinguished road

At least Bama did not have 91 felonies and 4 indictments against him,and Bama left office without creating an insurrection. Bama won both terms. Good luck with your parts.
Old November 25th, 2023, 07:49 AM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfurgason View Post
At least Bama did not have 91 felonies and 4 indictments against him,and Bama left office without creating an insurrection. Bama won both terms. Good luck with your parts.
Off topic. We don't need a political war in this forum. We are each entitled to our own political views, but this is not the place for them. I'm sorry, but that is just the way that I feel. We are all here on this forum with one goal in mind, and that is to preserve these wonderful old GMC trucks, and not to get into politics.
Old November 25th, 2023, 01:58 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bongert View Post
Off topic. We don't need a political war in this forum. We are each entitled to our own political views, but this is not the place for them. I'm sorry, but that is just the way that I feel. We are all here on this forum with one goal in mind, and that is to preserve these wonderful old GMC trucks, and not to get into politics.
I guess George is right, but I do enjoy a good political discussion.

jmfurgason if you want to know why you're wrong, send me a PM and I'll be happy to discuss the news reports you missed that made you think Brother Bama was a saint, and the 4 years under T-man with mean tweets, cheap gas, soaring retirement savings, low inflation, affordable food/parts/vehicles, and jobs for everyone was evil.

Old November 25th, 2023, 04:22 PM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi View Post

jmfurgason if you want to know why you're wrong, send me a PM and I'll be happy to discuss the news reports you missed that made you think Brother Bama was a saint, and the 4 years under T-man with mean tweets, cheap gas, soaring retirement savings, low inflation, affordable food/parts/vehicles, and jobs for everyone was evil.
Fetch is right. If you want to have a political debate between club members, do so via PM. To do so here will only result in animosity between club members, and angry comments and replies that could theoretically get people kicked out of our GMC Truck Club. While we are here, lets keep things harmonious and peaceful. Like I said, our primary goal is the preservation of '60 to '66 GMC Trucks. Let's not get carried away by fighting with each other. God knows that there is enough of it going on in Washington DC, and we don't need that type of baloney brought into our forum.
Old November 25th, 2023, 10:41 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1965 Suburban Series 1000 - 351M with mechancal tachometer - PS & PB & 2 speed Pow-R-Flow automatic
lizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enoughlizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi View Post

: