6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Other Rides and Projects

Other Rides and Projects Working on another year GMC? Maybe a Chevy, Dodge, F*rd, or even refinishing cabinets? Share your progress or start a build thread and let members follow along!

Old June 18th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Banned

Truck: Only chevy powered trucks
Charon is on a distinguished road
Default 68 "Kaiser" m715

This old project has been going on for years. It was my grandpas and my project. We bought the truck all cut up and dismantled. Took a while but now Its done. Now people think 4.56 gears in an old Jimmie are bad. The front dana 60 and rear dana 70 have 5.87 gears. This truck now is re powered with a 318 Chrysler v8. Has a np 435 four speed. A np200 transfer case. Its a soft top rig. And the windshield folds down. This is the least practical truck I have. 50mph it's just screaming. But it does not seen like your going to slow on the freeway because half the people are slowing down to look at you. Currently this is the only one I know of driving in this part of Washington. And north Idaho.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160112_130924.jpg (1.07 MB, Multiple views, 22 clicks)
File Type: jpg 20160112_130833.jpg (1.10 MB, Multiple views, 17 clicks)
File Type: jpg 20160112_131022.jpg (1.12 MB, Multiple views, 10 clicks)
File Type: jpg 20160112_131008.jpg (1.14 MB, Multiple views, 12 clicks)
Old June 18th, 2016, 03:17 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 68 "Kaiser" m715

Very cool old truck! What do the switches do on the dash?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old June 18th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Banned

The big three lever switch is for the lights.
Old June 19th, 2016, 04:44 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup
Culver Adams is on a distinguished road

Very nice, Mr. Charon!
Old June 20th, 2016, 05:06 AM
Banned

Thanks Culver! I hope you had a great fathers day!
Old June 20th, 2016, 08:15 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Culver! My favorite troubador!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Hey Charon, I showed that pic to the Powder Puff and she said, "Ohhh cool! A breezer truck!!" (convertible)

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

She's already got me promising to take her on a whirlwind tour of old trucks someday. This one with the complicated lights and the soft top definitely made it on the list if that day ever comes (and you and the wife say it's OK!

)

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old June 21st, 2016, 04:14 AM
Banned

Any one and everyone is welcome!
Old July 7th, 2016, 05:12 AM
Banned

Lining up for the parade in Spirit lake Idaho. 19 kids rode on the truck. The Boy is driving. His favorite sister sitting beside him. 8 of my nieces and nephews. And the rest are family friends. Oh and my oldest. The beet queen is holding one of the young nieces in the front on the right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13576841_10206962918011758_1757413181774353344_o.jpg (227.4 KB, Multiple views, 13 clicks)
Old July 7th, 2016, 06:02 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup
Culver Adams is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lining up for the parade in Spirit lake Idaho. 19 kids rode on the truck. The Boy is driving. His favorite sister sitting beside him. 8 of my nieces and nephews. And the rest are family friends. Oh and my oldest. The beet queen is holding one of the young nieces in the front on the right.
That's the best Fourth of July poster photo I've seen!

Old July 7th, 2016, 06:05 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
That's the best Fourth of July poster photo I've seen!

Amen! It does look like a poster

Looks like you guys had a blast for the fourth surrounded by friends and family. Double awesome! Extra points if you got your belly full on burgers and hotdogs!