6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old October 26th, 2014, 03:57 AM
Banned

Truck: None. Sold them all and became a hermit.
BarryGMC is on a distinguished road
Default music for the 50's 60's guys.

Well my 25 th anniversary is commingle up. And I was looking at old pics. Two old time musicians came to life. First Charlie Ryan and the original version of hot rod Lincoln. And less well known Johnny Clark. Johnny clark frandsen was my uncle and he played for my reception. He was #01 at a local record.label and ryan was #02. Caracters through and through. Those old pics made me sad. Google charlie ryan and johnny clark and the four playboys for some cool old music. Barry
Old October 26th, 2014, 08:13 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: music for the 50's 60's guys.

Wow. Listened to a couple of his songs. My first rock and roll record I bought was Bill Haley's "Rock Around the Clock". I was in 8th grade I think. Of course Elvis was starting up too about 1955 . Your uncle and his band are as good as any in the day. He could have easily, with the right contacts, gone all the way. I see why he was rated very high. I know music of that day and he is no garage band. He and his buddies were good musicians and singers with good rhythm. Neat to have a YouTube of him. There is a comment about his son being talented as well. Got my 50th coming up.

Last edited by AZKen; October 27th, 2014 at 02:15 AM.
Old October 27th, 2014, 04:18 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not a 50s or 60s guy but I dig the old stuff! Here's a pic of your uncle from a collector

This might be him too, but I'm not good with faces.

Hawaiian War Chant by him and The Playboys

The Name Is Love:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old October 28th, 2014, 03:24 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road

Some cool "real" rock and roll history here, very talented Uncle, Barry! I'm sorta like John Milner---"rock and roll started going down hill when Buddy Holly died" There was still good stuff later but it got less airtime.

Don't hate me for it, but I am also a big fan of oldies country music, probably a product of my upbringing and the region I live in. My wife has musicians in her side of the family, one even has a small recording studio on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation! He and his band at the time played at our 25th wedding anniversary at Black Hills Speedway 11 years ago now---! Yeah just had 36 a couple weeks ago.

Thanks for those videos, Fetch, I struck out last night googling and only got a reggae guy. No time to research further. Really like "The Name Is Love" and hope to buy it digitally for my Ipod.

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday

Last edited by GMCDAC; October 28th, 2014 at 03:30 AM.