6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old August 6th, 2018, 04:27 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1961 1500 Stepside
Jmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really nice
Default Who says an old truck isn't practical? lol

Just over 50 miles round trip, directly through the middle of Brisbane and back. All because the spit we bought was never going to fit in the little Golf.

Not a bad way to spend 2.5 hours (sadly, that's how long it took lol).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truck.JPG (264.7 KB, Multiple views, 29 clicks)
Old August 8th, 2018, 06:08 AM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who says an old truck isn't practical? lol

They are very practical. Driven mine 60 mile round trips many times this year at 55-60 mph. She's still kickin just fine. Pulling hills at full throttle with a load in the back at 60 makes for nice exhaust noise. lol

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 8th, 2018, 01:12 PM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough

I'm driving the wheels off of mine, each weekend I run her out to shows, hardware stores soda shops. She told me she gets lonely in the Garage all by herself........
Old August 9th, 2018, 01:43 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Jmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really nice

How do y'all find your trucks handling short trips?

The reason why I ask is my old man doesn't seem to cope to well with being a daily driver to and from work..... it's only 5 minutes down the road if traffic is good, and half an hour of start/stop if it's bad. Hardly enough time to even warm him up with the former, and lots of idling with the latter.
Old August 15th, 2018, 11:15 PM

Truck: 1960 Custom 4x4
fritz is on a distinguished road

J/m When is the BBQ !! Glad you get some practical use out of your truck. I have a 60 4 x 4 with a 305. It does not set for more that a couple of days. Starts right up with no pumping. It does run better hot though. it lags going into 3rd so I have to rev the motor a bit hot of cold.
Old August 16th, 2018, 04:28 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz View Post
J/m When is the BBQ !! Glad you get some practical use out of your truck. I have a 60 4 x 4 with a 305. It does not set for more that a couple of days. Starts right up with no pumping. It does run better hot though. it lags going into 3rd so I have to rev the motor a bit hot of cold.
It was that weekend..... The plan had been to get the spit shipped to our door, but we ran out of time. The old man always seems to come through when it counts though LOL

Sadly, I don't get to drive it as much as I'd like to. The great thing about living close to work is it's less than a 10 minute drive if the traffic is good. The bad thing is 10 minutes isn't nearly enough for a decent run, and if traffic is bad it means sitting there idling for another half an hour or so.

It's getting to where I've started trying to plot a course to and from work that's specifically designed to give me a worthwhile drive. Which is not a thing I ever thought I'd have to do. New cars are just too convenient I reckon.
Old August 18th, 2018, 05:22 AM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road

With my wife's car in the shop, she has taken my car, so I have been driving Rusty every day this past week. He seems to have no issue with the 30 minutes to work and 30 minutes back daily. I have taken him to several shows this past year that are an hour each way. Runs like a champ. I am currently considering a 4 hour drive for a show coming up in a couple of weeks. Still debating that one though.

1965 GMC 1000, 305E

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1970 Torino GT, 302
1973 Mach I Mustang, 351W
Old August 24th, 2018, 10:27 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphaynes View Post
With my wife's car in the shop, she has taken my car, so I have been driving Rusty every day this past week. He seems to have no issue with the 30 minutes to work and 30 minutes back daily. I have taken him to several shows this past year that are an hour each way. Runs like a champ. I am currently considering a 4 hour drive for a show coming up in a couple of weeks. Still debating that one though.
How did you go? More to the point, how was Rusty? Lol

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
Old August 30th, 2018, 01:47 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmclendon View Post
It was that weekend..... The plan had been to get the spit shipped to our door, but we ran out of time. The old man always seems to come through when it counts though LOL

Sadly, I don't get to drive it as much as I'd like to. The great thing about living close to work is it's less than a 10 minute drive if the traffic is good. The bad thing is 10 minutes isn't nearly enough for a decent run, and if traffic is bad it means sitting there idling for another half an hour or so.

It's getting to where I've started trying to plot a course to and from work that's specifically designed to give me a worthwhile drive. Which is not a thing I ever thought I'd have to do. New cars are just too convenient I reckon.

Back when Cecilia had a gas tank I ran her on primarily 10-20 minute runs. she had no problems. The main problem we had was running out of gas with the gas gauge showing we still had 1/4 tank, haha.

But no, she had no issues. We loved every minute of it too. You get looks in an old truck. Even when they're in the shape mine's in. It's awesome.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old September 27th, 2018, 01:20 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmclendon View Post
How did you go? More to the point, how was Rusty? Lol

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
I chickened out on the 4 hour trip, but Rusty is still doing good. Have him with me at work right now.

1965 GMC 1000, 305E

1970 Torino GT, 302
1973 Mach I Mustang, 351W