6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old October 28th, 2013, 01:54 AM

Truck: GMC V12 powered '46 Chevy pu
Cayoterun is on a distinguished road
Default Junk V12s

BozzHogg:

I didn't want to clutter the other thread to post this, since it's kinda' unrelated to Sclor's thread.

No, these motors are rusted tight. I only grabbed them for the parts that might be salvaged. The valves may be rusted in the guides, even.

About all the good they could be used for is "yard Art", if kept fairly complete. I think these are pretty well complete. I know I've traded an exhaust manifold and some other stuff with the one I have running. The distributors had been robbed when I got them. They have pretty well disappeard with the dinasaurs.

I think they are waaay beyond ever trying to get them back running. They are scrapped irrigation motors still in stands, would have been pretty well shot, or even thrashed inside, when pulled off the pump.

I might part with one, but after I had traded any good stuff off them for worn out parts for my good motor. Any parts I take off them, I put my old parts back on or with it It would be cheeep, then, getting it to your place would be the hang up, unless you were down here with some way to haul it. If you aren't familiar with them, they weigh about 1,700# dry, in the stand.

The second motor is already promised after I'm through with it to another fellow. He wants to paint it up for "yard Art".
They make good conversation pieces even like that.

PM or reply, if you have more questions. I could send some pics. if you really get "tha' fever". Jimmy V6s and 12s are addictive, you know.

I think I'll fix it myself, and pay the extra $500.