6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Builds and Journals

Builds and Journals This is where the magic happens. Photograph & document your GMC build progress for posterity.
NOTICE - Photobucket will delete your pics after a time. Use another host if possible.

Old September 1st, 2015, 11:45 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

i used the open end for the other fitting. If you wedge one of the lips into the hole you can turn it pretty easy and it doesn't mess up the threads

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Now slip the gasket on his hangy parts so it doesn't leak.

Go ahead and carefully run the bolts into the motor now. Mine kept trying to cross thread. Maybe my fingers are crooked. You don't need to torque them down to 9000 lbs either. Just snug.

Here my phone got too hot and quit working (97 degrees at this time) so I couldn't take a pic, but you should connect the bottom hose once the motor bolts are connected. Otherwise you won't ever get anywhere.

I found I had to take the line off the fuel filter up by the carb to get the top line to reconnect right. Notice I had a screwdriver now. Much easier!

Then I connected my carb to pump line snugly.

And finally I just had to reconnect the fuel line to the filter.

And that was it! I then connected my battery to the wrong posts and fried my new alternator. ARRGH!!! But I was able to get her started and let her run again. It took about 30 seconds of crank to get gas to the carb. Then she fired right up and ran sooo smooth! I'm surprised by how much different she sounds. I guess the poor girl was starvin!

I'll replace the alternator offsite because I already did that once not too long ago, then Cecilia's taking me and the kids to the dump to get rid of old fence material.

Thanks for reading!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old September 1st, 2015, 11:55 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road

Great write up!

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
Old September 2nd, 2015, 12:51 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 Custom Wideside SB
jagarra is on a distinguished road

Nice write up Fetch. Just a word about new fuel pumps, check the bolt on the bottom of the bowl of the pump to make sure it is tight. Mine was leaking after I installed it. Easiest to tighten when off, and don't ham fist it either, we don't want to crack the lil darlin'.
Old September 2nd, 2015, 02:14 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road

Thanks for another down to earth writeup Fetch. Glad to know you are getting along ok. If Foley would have been able to find you he would have dropped by like he did us in 2014!

DAC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bob Currie and I 6-29-14 001.jpg (2.42 MB, Multiple views, 6 clicks)

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday
Old September 7th, 2015, 02:49 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 3500 Rescue Squad
6066gmcguy is on a distinguished road

Its always fun to read your post, your quit the story teller.

on FacePage.

the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
1965 GMC 3500 Custom Rescue Squad {Black Built Bodies}
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.
Old September 9th, 2015, 04:00 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Great write up!

Thanks TJ! I'm going to be reading your build in a sec

Quote:
Nice write up Fetch. Just a word about new fuel pumps, check the bolt on the bottom of the bowl of the pump to make sure it is tight. Mine was leaking after I installed it. Easiest to tighten when off, and don't ham fist it either, we don't want to crack the lil darlin'.
Oh, sneaky! I didn't think about it being loose anywhere. I'll give that a check this evening. I've got a free hour and I was going to monkey with the 2nd gear thing anyway. I'll be sure to get it done then!

Quote:
Thanks for another down to earth writeup Fetch. Glad to know you are getting along ok. If Foley would have been able to find you he would have dropped by like he did us in 2014!

DAC
Haha! now that would have been somethin!

Thanks for readin! I still get a kick out of that Rescue Squad. Every time I pull it up the Powder Puff bugs me about a visit

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old September 11th, 2015, 05:33 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Well I thought my "won't stay in second gear" thing was an issue with the linkage but it seems like even if I run it all the way up it still doesn't stay in second. Might have to pull the transmission again and see what's shakin in there. Maybe I put it together wrong?

Just spitballin as I fiddle with ideas today...

Old September 11th, 2015, 07:07 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road

Mine has a tendency to grind into 4th unless I wait longer than normal shifting. Syncros probably a tad worn. lol

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
Old September 11th, 2015, 11:37 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
Mine has a tendency to grind into 4th unless I wait longer than normal shifting. Syncros probably a tad worn. lol

That's where I'd look too but...I've got the old muncie 318 - My synchros don't exist

I have to doubleclutch to second then I'm OK in third cuz of engine speed. Right now I'm going from 1st to 3rd and she sure don't like that

Old October 5th, 2015, 07:39 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

The baby's birthday came and went this past weekend so I took her annual photo on Cecilia. Last year I just put her on a bucket that was about stepside height but that made me feel bad. So I spent 20 minutes piddling around and put the driver's side step back on her before the photography session this time.

I love that I can work on Cecilia with a couple of screwdrivers, a set of standard wrenches, and a set of standard sockets. I can just about fix anything on her with that set of tools. Old trucks are awesome

Since I took the step off I put it back together much easier, knowing what I was getting into. Old me would have bolted the top of the step first. New me put the angle bracket on first this time.

Putting the bracket up in the rails got my eyes full of crusty dust, but it was expected. Cecilia drops her flakes where she pleases. It's punishment for not Por-15'ing her when I had the bed off

After getting the bracket attached I put in the five or so bolts along the bottom. Tiny 7/16" little suckers. Hard to hold on to with gloves.

After that I set the old man on it to test it. Yep, holds very nice!

And the final result:

For comparison here's the first pic at 1 year old. Notice The Redhead hiding behind the spare tire in the bed. She held The Baby up until the moment of the pic then ducked back down for a split second to snap the pic, then popped back up and made sure The Baby didn't fall.

Another year in the books. They grow up so fast!