6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Other Rides and Projects

Other Rides and Projects Working on another year GMC? Maybe a Chevy, Dodge, F*rd, or even refinishing cabinets? Share your progress or start a build thread and let members follow along!

Old June 29th, 2014, 01:49 AM
Banned

Truck: None. Sold them all and became a hermit.
BarryGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1946 chevy terrain master build

Started making drive lines. There is no black magic involved. Cut the weld cut the tube. Set back up measure measure and measure again. Tack it up and check run out. .005 or less then weld it up. Check run out. Done. Some guys say have it balanced but I have never had a shaker. Simple. 30 minutes Max.
Old July 11th, 2014, 02:41 AM
Banned

Well not much to show. I made s drive line then got busy with work. I did get the drag link done. I will post s pic when I get back to town. I did decide to go with some 19.5 tires. I just can't resist the patina and coolness of the old wheels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140710_181244.jpg (599.3 KB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)
Old September 15th, 2014, 04:26 AM
Banned

Well I slowed a bit here. It moves under its own power but I need to finish the brakes. Plus I got a ford. Its not much of a ford but it has been use full . I grabbed some steel for the bed and will start it after a roof project.
Old September 18th, 2014, 04:47 AM

Truck: 1966 GMC 1/2 Ton
Vern is on a distinguished road

Hey Barry, maybe a little off topic but the idea came to me looking at your build. The next big project I'd like to do is pull the bed off the 66 and clean up the frame. Is it feasible to use the engine cherry picker to lift the box and drive the truck away?
Old September 18th, 2014, 04:49 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Hey Barry, maybe a little off topic but the idea came to me looking at your build. The next big project I'd like to do is pull the bed off the 66 and clean up the frame. Is it feasible to use the engine cherry picker to lift the box and drive the truck away?
Vern, that's what I did once I got a picker. I recommend putting a cross board in the back though because it'll pull the sides of the bed together as it raises since it's so dang heavy. Barry might have a better way though.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old September 18th, 2014, 05:20 AM
Banned

3 Guys and a 6 pack of beer. One beer before. Pic it up and move it. One beer after. 20 minutes drinking beer. 2 minutes of work. Best way. Barry
Old September 19th, 2014, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Vern, that's what I did once I got a picker. I recommend putting a cross board in the back though because it'll pull the sides of the bed together as it raises since it's so dang heavy. Barry might have a better way though.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

OK, that's a great idea. Was thinking of selling my picker, but maybe I'll hold on to it now.
Old September 19th, 2014, 04:53 AM

Quote:
3 Guys and a 6 pack of beer. One beer before. Pic it up and move it. One beer after. 20 minutes drinking beer. 2 minutes of work. Best way. Barry
Beer makes everything better. Trouble is finding some suckers that would come out to help. By the way, Grandpa's rebuilt engine is purring along nicely.
Old September 19th, 2014, 08:03 AM

Vernski is on a distinguished road

I like the beer idea but things can get side tracked easily. I have bolt holes in the stake pocket for stake racks that I can tie the strap to, and yes a 2x4 across the rear of the box pick it up slowly one person can get the box off but putting it back in the right spot is not as easy, you need an extra body to help line up the bolt holes. I Like the 46 Barry that's a cool old truck Vernski...

Old September 19th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Banned

Vern glad you got it going. That's a good 292 and I am glad its getting used. Removing and installing beds is always fun. You don't want to damage anything.
Vernski thanks. That 46 has been fun to build. This fall I should have the time to get it done.