6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter
 



Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > GMC V6 and V12 Engines


GMC V6 and V12 Engines Engine repair and rebuilding

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old March 10th, 2022, 05:02 PM
James James is offline
-= Extreme Supporter =-
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Greer, SC
Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 2wd
Age: 69
Posts: 432
Rep Power: 199
James will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Holley Sniper 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowbar View Post
You're correct regarding the ports. I'm still thinking about the PCV system conversion. On my IMPCO propane mixer air cleaner, I have a way to attach a PCV hose. Now to tap into the engine. Either convert the filter canister on the back of the block or use one of the valve covers. I don't like drilling holes in original parts, possibly a custom oil fill cap with a PCV hose fitting in the center.

What are your thoughts?
I'm thinking something like this:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdk-c8az-6766-b

I don't know it this one will work. I would need to research this. It also seems to me that the later model V6 had this type of cap (or something similar) or maybe it was the Chevy that had it, I don't remember. Maybe someone else in the group know something about this.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old March 11th, 2022, 08:14 AM
Prowbar Prowbar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Friesland, the Netherlands
Truck: 1965 GMC 1500, 478 V6, SM420
Posts: 385
Rep Power: 183
Prowbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Holley Sniper 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I'm thinking something like this:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdk-c8az-6766-b

I don't know it this one will work. I would need to research this. It also seems to me that the later model V6 had this type of cap (or something similar) or maybe it was the Chevy that had it, I don't remember. Maybe someone else in the group know something about this.
Looks like a nice cap, although not cheap. Wonder if these have a built-in PCV 'regulator' with a ball that controls the stream of gasses. The question section does have some measurements regarding fitment.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old March 11th, 2022, 01:37 PM
Gwhizzard Gwhizzard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Friendsville Tennessee
Truck: 1963 GMC c2500
Age: 33
Posts: 32
Rep Power: 35
Gwhizzard is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holley Sniper 2300

I didn't know these had an internal PCV setup. I guess you learn something new everyday. I am just now getting into these old engines and I'm starting to love them and trying to learn more about them. So im watching more then knowing on these engines lol
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old December 3rd, 2023, 08:44 PM
anomalyjustin anomalyjustin is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Troy, NY
Truck: 1960 GMC K1000
Age: 40
Posts: 9
Rep Power: 0
anomalyjustin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holley Sniper 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmyket View Post
Hello,

I have a 64 GMC with a 305 v6 that I've recently purchased and was considering a Holley Sniper 2300 fuel injection setup for it. I see there was a thread in 2020 talking about it, but I don't see where anyone has completed an installation. Has this setup or any other fuel injection system worked for anyone yet.

Thanks!

Mike
I'm running the 4bbl 4150 Sniper on my 60 GMC with the 305. I converted it over about 4-5 years ago and never looked back. Once you get the learn procedure completed and do a few tuning tweaks, it works great. Definitely invest the progressive linkage add on though. The throttle is really touchy without it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old March 2nd, 2024, 09:52 PM
sclor's Avatar
sclor sclor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Orleans, LA
Truck: 1966 GMC 1000 series fenderside
Posts: 202
Rep Power: 128
sclor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holley Sniper 2300

Regarding pcv valve, I switched mine over to Ford setup used in the seventies. Don't remember exact application, but it shouldn't be too hard to find. Ford used them on their v8's. I was uncomfortable with middle cylinders running leaner under the original GMC factory system.

Hope that helps.
Regards
Steve
New Orleans
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20240302_154518525.jpg (909.8 KB, Multiple views, 10 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_20240302_154500019.jpg (1.55 MB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old March 3rd, 2024, 04:44 PM
Gwhizzard Gwhizzard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Friendsville Tennessee
Truck: 1963 GMC c2500
Age: 33
Posts: 32
Rep Power: 35
Gwhizzard is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holley Sniper 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalyjustin View Post
I'm running the 4bbl 4150 Sniper on my 60 GMC with the 305. I converted it over about 4-5 years ago and never looked back. Once you get the learn procedure completed and do a few tuning tweaks, it works great. Definitely invest the progressive linkage add on though. The throttle is really touchy without it.
Nice... Do you have pictures of the setup on the engine??
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old March 4th, 2024, 04:32 PM
Prowbar Prowbar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Friesland, the Netherlands
Truck: 1965 GMC 1500, 478 V6, SM420
Posts: 385
Rep Power: 183
Prowbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Holley Sniper 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclor View Post
Regarding pcv valve, I switched mine over to Ford setup used in the seventies. Don't remember exact application, but it shouldn't be too hard to find. Ford used them on their v8's. I was uncomfortable with middle cylinders running leaner under the original GMC factory system.

Hope that helps.
Regards
Steve
New Orleans
I like your solution. Tried the external PCV setup before but didn't succeed. Going to try it with a PCV valve on intake vacuum. I assume that is what you connected the hose to?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old March 4th, 2024, 05:06 PM
James James is offline
-= Extreme Supporter =-
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Greer, SC
Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 2wd
Age: 69
Posts: 432
Rep Power: 199
James will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Holley Sniper 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowbar View Post
I like your solution. Tried the external PCV setup before but didn't succeed. Going to try it with a PCV valve on intake vacuum. I assume that is what you connected the hose to?
Yes, the hose connect to intake manifold vacuum.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
efi, electronic fuel injection, fuel injection

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2300 Holley 4412 Archiver Previous Forum Posts 0 December 25th, 2004 03:20 AM
Re: [6066 GMC] Holley 2300, beware! Archiver Previous Forum Posts 0 September 28th, 2004 04:35 AM
Re: [6066 GMC] Holley 2300, beware! Archiver Previous Forum Posts 0 September 27th, 2004 04:09 AM
Holley 2300, beware! Archiver Previous Forum Posts 0 September 26th, 2004 02:47 PM
Holley 2300 adapter Archiver Previous Forum Posts 0 May 3rd, 2004 01:17 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd 511713359920|1712231102|0