6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Builds and Journals

Builds and Journals This is where the magic happens. Photograph & document your GMC build progress for posterity.
NOTICE - Photobucket will delete your pics after a time. Use another host if possible.

Old January 28th, 2013, 07:04 AM

Truck: 1963 1-ton Panel 305E SM420
63_Rouss_Fire_Co_GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1965 GMC 3500 Rescue Squad

Very nice truck, love the photo next to the EMD (GM) SD40-2 in the rail yard. I myself like to restore trucks n my buddy like to restore trains. He has as FA2, two GP9's, a SD35 and a SD40, talk about a costly hobby. Anyway, wanted to say great photos, Jeremy Cooper, Winchester Va.
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:18 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 3500 Rescue Squad
6066gmcguy is on a distinguished road

Here are some more photos of my GMC Rescue Squad out & about. you can use these as examples of How to take photos of your truck, First rule, Get Out Of The Driveway!!!

Keep the Background smiple, nice old building or just open space works well, but a Corn Field is Ok too.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Corn Field Photo!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

The Old Bernard Hansen & Co. Store in Bear River City Utah.

You Mite need to move the truck a little when taking photos at a location to get the best framed shot. in the abover pic the truck is pulled up in front of the store, but below I moved it back some so it was not blocking the store front.

But some times its better to block out some of an old building.

This is the Old Tolman & Sons Store in Honeyville.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on FacePage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
1965 GMC 3500 Custom Rescue Squad {Black Built Bodies}
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:24 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Some times you can get away with a Driveway shot, like this one.

Its not my Driveway, but I took the photo so none of the near by houses showed up in it. Near Water is a good place for photos, next to a river of lake works well, whil the pic below is next to a small man made skiing lake, if you didn't know you mite think is at river side instead.

Calls Fort Water Ski Lake.

If you live in a big Urban area and can't find any open space for photos, a City park mite work out OK.

Honeyville City Park.

You say you don't have a city park near by why not try the park every one if dieing to get into, the local Cemetery. {I know bad joke eh}

Calls Fort Cemetery

on FacePage.

the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.

Last edited by 6066gmcguy; January 28th, 2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:17 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road

Without a doubt that is the coolest most photogenic purpose-built vintage truck I have ever seen. The places you have found for photos have even made it look better if that is even possible!

Rt click-save, rt click-save over and over again!

Thanks---DAC
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:25 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Of Course being an Emergency Vehicle I just had to stop in front of the Honeyville Fire Station for a photo or two.

Also with one of Honeyvilles Fire Truck while at the Park on the 4th of July.

on FacePage.

the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:55 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

The Big Event in Box Elder County is held by Brigham City in September every year, it called Peach Days, and its has the BIGGEST FREE car show in the state of Utah, Nearly 1000 cars, Trucks & Rat Rods.

The night before the show they have the Poker/Fun Run, and the Wife & I made the run in the Rescue Squad. I didn't get any pics at the starting line, wich was at the Local GMC Dealer, Hansen Motors. The first stop was in Perry Utah at the Park, which was a short drive from Hanson Motors on back roads.

Then to back to Brigham and up the Canyon, going up the Canyon I could max out the engine in 3rd gear, then get 4th and the power would drop off, I needed a egeat in between, like maybe a 2 speed rear axle.

In Matua for the 2nd stop and our 2nd card.

3rd stop was back down in Brigham as was the rest of the stops. Again I didn't get pics at the 3rd stop. the 4th stop was at Intermountain Mini Trucks.

The Final stop and last card was at John Addams Park in Brigham City, this stop was the best as they had Burgers waiting for us.

you can see my truck on the left side of the pic with the hood up, as folks wanted to see what engine I was running.

on FacePage.

the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.

Last edited by 6066gmcguy; January 30th, 2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:59 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

On Saturday was the Peach Days Car Show, the BIGGEST FREE car show in the state of Utah, Nearly 1000 cars, Trucks & Rat Rods showed up in 2012, but only 2 Emergency Vehicles, a UHP car and my Truck.

on FacePage.

the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:49 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Anyone ever try to get a photo of a Full Moon? To start with look at the info found on this website:

in most cases you can not get a photo of you truck at night with the full moon in the background with out the moon being a little tiny with speck of washed out light. You can get some nice pics of you truck at night with a good Camera, Tripod, remote trigger & some time. I set my camera up on a 10 sec timer, use a remote tiger and shoot under the light of a full moon, of course you need to keep the moon to you back. you will get photos like this with some practice.

This is a night shot! it looks like it could be daylight, in the backgound you can see the ribbons of light form the Hwy and the stars above. notice how I look a little fuzzy compaied to the truck, that because you have to stand really still durning the photo and if you move even a tiny bit this is how the pic looks. this is on a full moon night, there are about 5 days you get this kind of light at night, the 2 days before & After a full moon and onthe night of the full moon.

In this shot you see more sky, so the camera didn't stay open as long making the truck come out darker, but this looks more like a night shot, and whats that star formation in the sky?

Now if you want to get a hsot of your truck under the full moon, you need to add the moon into a night shot.

Here is the same photo as above with the full moon added into it.

on FacePage.

the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:27 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Now lets look at what happened when I took a photo of my truck at night with all the lights on.

As can be seen here the photo came out vary dark, that is because the camera is picking up all the extra light and not staying open as long. its kinda the same problem as shoting the moon, your either going to have dark photo, or one with the lights washed out. So what I did was to get help running the camera for the next shot.

I set thing up like before, only this time I have some one to push the button on the camera to start the timer as i'm too far for a remote triger to work, if you look you can see me sitting in the cab. Once the camera was taking the photo, I turned on all the Emergency lights then turned them back off so they were only one for a sec or 2. I did this 2 or 3 times to be sure I got a photo I could use.

Than i slipped the moon into the photo in PhotoImpact for this photo evey one likes.

on FacePage.

the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.
Old January 31st, 2013, 08:29 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

How about some pics of inside the cab tonight.

The shift lever was hitting the Siren control box so I moved it to the left & lined it up with the light control box.

on FacePage.

the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.