6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Computer / Forum Help

Computer / Forum Help Help using the forum or your cantankerous computer

Old June 24th, 2016, 02:11 PM

Truck: 1965 SWB Fleetside
jturk is on a distinguished road
Default Upside down pictures!!!

Why are all of the pictures that I want to post coming out upside down? Have tried different ways to correct, but can't seem to. Some explanation or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
jturk
Old June 24th, 2016, 04:38 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Upside down pictures!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturk View Post
Why are all of the pictures that I want to post coming out upside down? Have tried different ways to correct, but can't seem to. Some explanation or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
jturk
This happened to me on Iphones with IOS 4 or bigger. You have to make sure you have the volume buttons facing down when you take the pic. Makes no sense, but all Iphones are like that now.

Heres a post on Apple about it. Looks like IOS 3.1.3 was the change. I missed it by that much!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old June 24th, 2016, 05:33 PM

Truck: 1965 SWB Fleetside
jturk is on a distinguished road

Fetch me a pepsi,
Thanks for the super quick reply. I didn't know that about the iphone camera, will take some new pictures and try again.Thanks for the help.
Old June 24th, 2016, 10:28 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturk View Post
Fetch me a pepsi,
Thanks for the super quick reply. I didn't know that about the iphone camera, will take some new pictures and try again.Thanks for the help.
NP! That vexed me forever. Finally figured out when the Powder puff took pix it was OK, when I did it it was broken. I asked her what the difference was

You could almost hear her eyes roll when I pointed the buttons up, camera style. I don't know why they did that though. Still makes no sense. And I still do it wrong sometimes because taking pics left handed with my thumb is uncomfortable in some situations while I'm holding parts and trying to show what's going on. Lemme know how it goes.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old June 25th, 2016, 03:01 AM
Banned

Truck: Only chevy powered trucks
Charon is on a distinguished road

Its a pain in the rear. First the I pads then the phones and tablets. This is the only place that does it. Half my Facebook pics would be sideways or up side down. But it works every place but here.
Old June 28th, 2016, 05:00 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 3500 Rescue Squad
6066gmcguy is on a distinguished road

If you look at the info hiden on your photos, it will show an "Orientation: 0*" that tell some programs or website which way your camera was when you took the photo, so say you held it up the tall direction, then Orientation would show 90* or 180*. if you change your photo on your computer so that you can see it the way you took it, the program reads that info and turns it anyway 90* so now its wrong. not all site do this yet but I'll bet its coming. I had this problem with facebook but only with the photos I take with my phone, my camera still needs to be turned manuelly before posting.

on FacePage.

the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
1965 GMC 3500 Custom Rescue Squad {Black Built Bodies}
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.
Old December 21st, 2021, 05:31 PM

Truck: 1961 GMC
ekindsfater is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Upside down pictures!!!

Watched the video on how to insert IMG text/content and TinyPic has been discontinued; likely bought out by Photobucket (users are re-directed to Photobucket).

Photobucket wants me to pay a subscription to host. Found a work-around but it appears the photos I wish to post will have an ugly watermark over the images.

I read this string about upside down images, which is what happens to me when I try to upload images directly from my PC.

Question:
Is everyone paying a monthly/yearly hosting fee to an online photo hosting vendor -- *or* -- is everyone turning their iPhone upside down to snap pics (as was suggested in this thread)??

Any help appreciated - thanks!
Old December 22nd, 2021, 02:50 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 Suburban 1962 GMC Utility
Funky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really nice

I do not pay for hosting. Whatever photos I take on my iPhone that need correcting/rotating, I correct it before I post from my desktop.

I use this website; to upload images that do not require another click to enlarge. This I learned from FetchMeaPepsi and he has a tutorial here in the help section.

https://postimages.org/

for example...