6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Computer / Forum Help

Computer / Forum Help Help using the forum or your cantankerous computer

Old November 15th, 2022, 03:26 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1000 LWB Wideside
KF4JFK is on a distinguished road
Default Long shot, but have tried everything I can think of...

This is gonna be a long shot, but I need help with getting ahold of an admin for the 67-72forum. I realize this forum isn't the same or uses the same admins, but this is my last ditch effort. I know a lot of guys/gals on this forum also are on 67-72. I'd really like to atleast get ahold of an admin to find out what I need to do.

I've have sent numerous emails to admins with no repsonse. My account has no priviledges whatsoever. I cant even dm an admin much less search any post or post comments. All i can do is log in, but nothing more. My account was dormant for a couple years for health reasons, but I can't even talk to anyone to get it reinstated.

if anyone could reach out to an admin on that forum on my behalf, I would be eternally grateful. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you in advance for any help!

Daniel
Old November 15th, 2022, 04:11 PM

Truck: Shopping for a 1960-61 4x4
Jeannie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Long shot, but have tried everything I can think of...

Hi Daniel!

Admins on the 67-72 boards are not typically responsive, but you may have luck with creating a new account and sending a private message to a moderator. Moderators are very responsive and could perhaps send a message to an admin on your behalf.

Best of luck!

-Jeannie
6066 GMC Club
Old November 15th, 2022, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
Hi Daniel!

Admins on the 67-72 boards are not typically responsive, but you may have luck with creating a new account and sending a private message to a moderator. Moderators are very responsive and could perhaps send a message to an admin on your behalf.

Best of luck!

-Jeannie
6066 GMC Club
I've actually tried that. I have opened a secondary account and low and behold, it has the same issues. I think that account needs to be finalized on their end. I set the secondary account up over a month ago. Thats the frustrating part, is I can't pm anyone (admin or moderator).

I'm at a loss for words on what to try from this point.
Old November 17th, 2022, 01:00 AM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

What is so urgent? Maybe if we know that we can answer a question or redirect. Maybe you are just trying to buy or sell something since I see all your other posts on here are either buying or selling. PM me if you want with the urgent issue that is 67-72 specific.
Old November 17th, 2022, 01:07 AM

AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

Jeannie, how does this person or any person post in Marketplace without site support?
Old November 17th, 2022, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
Jeannie, how does this person or any person post in Marketplace without site support?
I'm not trying to post anything on 67-72 marketplace, I'm just trying to log in and be able to post to the normal general sections and/or DM certain individuals about topics/ideas. I'm not trying to sell on the forums.
Old November 17th, 2022, 01:18 AM

I know that Daniel, I'm talking about the ad you posted. You were probably contributing then and didn't renew.(2013) No problem. I was checking to see if the requirement still exists.
Old November 17th, 2022, 03:24 AM

Truck: Shopping for a 1960-61 4x4
Jeannie is on a distinguished road

Hi AZKen,

The requirement to be at least a dues paying member is still intact to post new topics, however there is no requirement for replies to topics in the Marketplace.

Thanks!

Jeannie
6066 GMC Club
Old November 18th, 2022, 01:46 AM

Thanks Jeannie, I PM'ed him asking him to email me so I could help/explain....off line. Haven't heard.