6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old June 30th, 2014, 04:45 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 12" Dia Hubcaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
Foley is also looking for a set of these 12" dia hubcaps... Please let him know if you have any extras or see any on the web for sale.
Hi Clarke, Foley told me today that he has some located in Springfield, MO that he is going to buy but I will let him tell the story when he can. He got a chuckle when I showed him these on my 3/4 ton, but even in the condition they are in he had to look close. They are "bowtie" caps but I couldn't stand to put them on a GMC so about 10 years ago I made stickers to cover it up, even though this truck is a '72 with a smallblock! Looks like it's time to make some more stickers.

Thanks for that pic, I wasn't sure how that outer black was painted on them since it is gone on these.

DAC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bob Currie and I 6-29-14.jpg (2.44 MB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday

Last edited by GMCDAC; June 30th, 2014 at 05:00 AM.
Old June 30th, 2014, 05:38 AM
Banned

Truck: None. Sold them all and became a hermit.
BarryGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mini-Meets/Get-Togethers

Let's see some pics of that truck and camper David.
Old July 1st, 2014, 12:25 AM

Truck: 1967 EM4500
Nate is on a distinguished road

Dave Clarke's neat engine

Bob's Suburban

Dave's GMC and trailer
Old July 1st, 2014, 12:29 AM

Truck: 1967 EM4500
Nate is on a distinguished road

I am not so good at the above photo posting with comments but I have more pics if you folks would like to see more
Old July 1st, 2014, 11:22 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Great pics nate! More please! The picture beast is hungry today

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 12:34 AM

Truck: I don't own one at this time
RustyNut is on a distinguished road

Sorry took so long to post.

Sorry I have no pics to share, I found out the morning I left St Louis my camera was kaput. Son used it last on his worldwind tour of the east coast a couple of months ago.

In my opinion, things went well.....

Great setting: The gazebo was a definate plus!!!!! Beat the **** out of standing on an asphalt parking lot all day with NO shade (Did that the day before at the Car Show in St Charles). Oh by the way my '78 GMC took 1st place in the truck division!!!!

Weather: No rain!!!!! Sunny & warm but the gazebo and the breeze made things very tolerable.

Good Food: Maybe bratwurst and salsizza's are just a Midwest thing. Either folks liked them or was just being polite when they said they liked them. The sausages, slaw, veggie tray, chips, brownies & watermelon (sorry if I forgot anything) made for a perfect Sunday afternoon picnic/lunch. Not overwhelming but noone went hungry. Minimal leftovers were taken by attendees so nothing went to waste.

Trucks: It was great to see a true survivor like Bob (now Ed's 'burb). And Dave's (?) truck and camper was very cool. I am sure they both get looks & thumb's up when they drive these trucks down the highway.

I am sorry, but I am terrible @ names but I want to thank everyone that made the effort to attend this meet. And thanks to all that brought food for the meal. Special shout out to Ed's brother for renting the gazebo and going back home to get a grill. Wasn't sure how I was gonna grill the meat when I showed up and there was no grill......

It was nice to see Ed again, and a pleasure to meet his dad and brothers. It was also great to meet new folks. Like I have stated numerous time everyone truly seemed to be "Good People".

EVERYONE here should make an attempt to organize one of these "Mini-Meets". You never know who might show up. This one in south Kansas brought folks from California, Oregon, Kansas & Missouri.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 01:37 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about

Here are a few pictures for Fetch's "picture beast".

#1 shows Dave "Rusty Nut" Schlager and Nate (sorry -- didn't get your last name) standing in the rear, David Clarke, Pete Snyder, and Bob Currie aka "Foley" seated looking at photos of Ed's 62 Suburban and Nate's big winch truck

#2 left to right: David Clarke, Nate, Bob Snyder, Bob Currie, Dave Schlager, Ed Snyder

#3 Bob Snyder watching David trying to take a photo of Bob's hand throttle linkage

#4 David's awesome travel trailer

When you get ambitious, David, you'll have to start a thread telling everybody about the details of your trailer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I heard you say you started with a 1953 chassis, did 25 CAD drawings, and have done nearly all the construction yourself. I think somebody in Missouri made the siding for you, and you found a few old trim items on eBay. It's self-contained with black and grey holding tanks. Let me know when it's done so I can come and take a closer look and more photos!

I also took lots of photos of the one ton Suburban. When I get time I should start a separate thread with descriptions too.

I'm sure you all know that you can click on any of these "thumbnails" to see an enlarged version of the photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wichita Meet 1.JPG (210.0 KB, Multiple views, 16 clicks)
File Type: jpg Wichita Meet 2.JPG (211.9 KB, Multiple views, 17 clicks)
File Type: jpg Wichita Meet 3.JPG (187.6 KB, Multiple views, 12 clicks)
File Type: jpg Wichita Meet 4.JPG (185.6 KB, Multiple views, 13 clicks)
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435
Old July 2nd, 2014, 02:49 AM
Banned

Truck: None. Sold them all and became a hermit.
BarryGMC is on a distinguished road

Dave I need to see some more of the camper. That's cool.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 03:34 AM

Truck: 1962 1500 Wideside 4 speed (305D / SM-420)
Clarke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mini-Meets/Get-Together - Camper Before Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryGMC View Post
Dave I need to see some more of the camper. That's cool.
Hello Barry...

I've been looking for an old camper to pull behind the GMC for about 3 or 4 years. I was having a hard time finding an interior floor plan and wood finish that I liked, so I decided to design my own. Well... except for the exterior, I gotta a little help from a cartoon sketch on a beer bottle label.

I was on a motorcycle trip last fall in northern MO and looked at a '63 Winne (see attached pictures), but I only wanted the frame, axle and bathroom door knob (which had a bronze like finish, so I had it chromed). I paid $500 for the frame and axle (he threw in the bathroom door knob for free; LOL). And, no... I didn't tow it back with my two wheeler.

I'll post pictures of the nearly completed camper on the next thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 63 Winne Exterior.jpg (150.2 KB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)
File Type: jpg Interior Looking Fwd.jpg (119.1 KB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)
File Type: jpg Interior Looking Aft.jpg (129.2 KB, Multiple views, 3 clicks)
Old July 2nd, 2014, 04:00 AM

Truck: 1962 1500 Wideside 4 speed (305D / SM-420)
Clarke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mini-Meets/Get-Together - Camper After Pictures

I took these pictures before I installed the baby moon hub caps and the alum door and windows rain gutters.

Notice the wheel well matches the rear GMC cutout; except for Bob's (Ed's) burb, he didn't like the stick cut out, so he cut his out to match the front (for bigger tires). I also added a 3" lift to the rear leaf spring shackles to lift the whole camper up, so I could run larger tires and gain more ground clearance.

For the most part, the creases in the siding match on all four sides. Even the creases in the front window chip guard align. No creases were added where the painted stripes are... I figured this would give it more of a custom look.

I just had it weighed the other day and the empty weight is 2,600 lbs. I did install an electric brake controller under the column and it works good; I can lock those camper tires up. I also installed repro backup lights on the truck and a hidden set under the camper bumper to light up the ground, for setting up a night.

The rear camper bumper also has a custom built in 2" X 2" receiver in the center of the 3" bumper channel.

I'll post some interior pictures on the next thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exterior Door Side.jpg (84.9 KB, Multiple views, 2 clicks)
File Type: jpg Exterior.jpg (106.2 KB, Multiple views, 3 clicks)