6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old July 2nd, 2016, 04:54 AM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1500
Drewski is on a distinguished road
Default New guy here.

Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been finding bits of I formation on this site for a long time now and I finally joined and am happy to see so many dedicated GMC fans here. I love my truck and she's a work horse. I'm an old school Volkswagen fanatic as well and now that my last VW project is done its finally time to tear down my 65' and do a complete rebuild. She deserves it and I want to thank you all for your help for many many questions I'm sure are to come.
Old July 2nd, 2016, 05:55 AM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New guy here.

Welcome aboard! We need lots of pictures!

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 2nd, 2016, 03:06 PM

Ha-ha I have a couple pictures I could post for you all. I do want to let it be known now that I don't own a computer or have internet so everything has to come from my phone. Not always the easiest. But let's get those pictures up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160611_172257337_HDR.jpg (3.61 MB, Multiple views, 25 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160611_172243024_HDR.jpg (3.90 MB, Multiple views, 19 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160611_172310508.jpg (3.23 MB, Multiple views, 18 clicks)
Old July 2nd, 2016, 07:36 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski View Post
Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been finding bits of I formation on this site for a long time now and I finally joined and am happy to see so many dedicated GMC fans here. I love my truck and she's a work horse. I'm an old school Volkswagen fanatic as well and now that my last VW project is done its finally time to tear down my 65' and do a complete rebuild. She deserves it and I want to thank you all for your help for many many questions I'm sure are to come.
Hey man welcome aboard! Like TJ said we need some pictures of your baby!

If you're doing a whole rebuild you might start a build thread too so we can follow along. We get kinda excited seeing someone do a restore. You'll get tons of help too if everyone can see what you're doing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old July 3rd, 2016, 01:53 AM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road

Nice truck! Diggin the west coast mirrors!

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
Old July 3rd, 2016, 02:43 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Great (huge!) pics! Is that the gas fill on the pass side? Someone added an under-bed tank looks like.

And hey, is that a beetle green colored VW bug in the background? My oldest wants one of those so bad she can't see straight. If only they came with A/C she'd have made me buy one by now haha!

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old July 3rd, 2016, 03:34 AM

First off sorry about the picture size. Like I said, I don't own a computer and I don't know how to resize on a phone. But I'll see what I can find out about that.

When I first bought the truck it was a farm truck that this guy installed two secondary tanks in. Both sides have an extra tank under the bed. With the exception of that and the mirrors, she's 100% original. I'm hoping that with this rebuild I can get her back to factory specs more than custom, but I have contemplated keeping the extra tanks since I do long hauls for work and the extra gas would be nice.

The bug in the background was my last project. It's a 75' super beetle that I did a ground up custom rebuild on. Did everything in my garage. She's my Porsche in desguise though because it's a 79' 914 motor with the mega squirt direct port fuel injection and 912 racing tranny. **** near everything was custom built on her. My dad was so into it that he's building his own 69' standard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160702_202541912.jpg (2.79 MB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160702_202945499.jpg (2.50 MB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160702_202700775.jpg (2.47 MB, Multiple views, 9 clicks)
Old July 3rd, 2016, 02:07 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski View Post
First off sorry about the picture size. Like I said, I don't own a computer and I don't know how to resize on a phone. But I'll see what I can find out about that.

When I first bought the truck it was a farm truck that this guy installed two secondary tanks in. Both sides have an extra tank under the bed. With the exception of that and the mirrors, she's 100% original. I'm hoping that with this rebuild I can get her back to factory specs more than custom, but I have contemplated keeping the extra tanks since I do long hauls for work and the extra gas would be nice.

The bug in the background was my last project. It's a 75' super beetle that I did a ground up custom rebuild on. Did everything in my garage. She's my Porsche in desguise though because it's a 79' 914 motor with the mega squirt direct port fuel injection and 912 racing tranny. **** near everything was custom built on her. My dad was so into it that he's building his own 69' standard.

Don't worry about the size. Big pics are good because they show a lot of detail.

That's one slick looking bug though. You guys did great work. I bet you get looks everywhere you go. Can't wait to see how the truck turns out!