6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old July 4th, 2016, 12:26 PM

Truck: 1966 C10 Fleetside Shortbed
dmburton is on a distinguished road
Default New Guy Introduction

Good morning all.

I am also a new guy here, but have been a member for a couple years, getting serious about finishing my project truck, 66' GMC Fleetside Shortbed.

Started an album today, will continue to add to it as things progress.

Got a swift kick in the pants a few months ago with a cancer diagnosis, will beat it, but sure has a way making you aware that time is a very precious commodity and putting stuff off just doesn't work.

So I have 2 projects 66' gmc and a 66 Chevelle Malibu, I have owned the Chevelle for 30 years. They are both on the way to be completed by 2017.

I will keep my album updated if you are interested.

Thanks and Happy 4th of July to all.
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab.
Old July 5th, 2016, 02:49 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Guy Introduction

Welcome aboard !

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 5th, 2016, 03:09 PM

Truck: 64 Gmc suburbann 305e, 4speed. v12 truck engine, v12 irrigation,2-305e,305a,305d
bobdylan is on a distinguished road

Welcome, looked at the album, looks like a really clean straight truck, should be a fun project.
Old July 5th, 2016, 06:36 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 Suburban 1962 GMC Utility
Funky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really nice

Welcome Burton! Really nice truck you have there, you just have to keep at it.
Old July 7th, 2016, 06:28 AM

Truck: 1964 GMC PICKUP, 1956 PONTIAC SAFARI, 1949 CADDY SEDANETTE
HOTRODJOHN is on a distinguished road

Nice, truck. I will be starting an album in a few weeks. Have been out of commission since January. Had hand surgery and it really limited what I cam do especially because it is my dominate hand. John
Old July 7th, 2016, 06:13 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmburton View Post
Good morning all.

I am also a new guy here, but have been a member for a couple years, getting serious about finishing my project truck, 66' GMC Fleetside Shortbed.

Started an album today, will continue to add to it as things progress.

Got a swift kick in the pants a few months ago with a cancer diagnosis, will beat it, but sure has a way making you aware that time is a very precious commodity and putting stuff off just doesn't work.

So I have 2 projects 66' gmc and a 66 Chevelle Malibu, I have owned the Chevelle for 30 years. They are both on the way to be completed by 2017.

I will keep my album updated if you are interested.

Thanks and Happy 4th of July to all.

Hey man sorry about your diagnosis. That cancer is a real eye opener! The fact that you're using it for motivation shows you're a fighter. We'll be praying for ya.

My father just had a heart attack that got me motivated to spend more time with him (long story). Grab everyone you love and hug 'em real hard, then invite them to give you a hand learning on these old trucks. Everything is super easy too so age 6 and up can jump right in. Anything you need just ask. We'll all help out as best we can. Keep your head up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old July 7th, 2016, 08:47 PM

Thanks brother!!

Yeah I hear you, I am already enlisting volunteers, two of my sons are helping Saturday, getting the Chevelle back on the frame so it can go to a metal shop to get a trunk floor and both quarters.

This will clear up some floor space for the truck to get back in focus.

I will update the album this weekend, it has come a ways since the pictures, we now have the frame blasted and refinished, the motor and trans in place, had to fabricate the engine mounts for LS to fit in the cradle. We do some fabricating in our business, so having a plasma table made that easier.

Been a lot of fun so far.

Chemo again next week, so I will be out of it for 10 days, so trying to make some hay this weekend.

Best.
Old July 7th, 2016, 09:00 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmburton View Post
Thanks brother!!

Yeah I hear you, I am already enlisting volunteers, two of my sons are helping Saturday, getting the Chevelle back on the frame so it can go to a metal shop to get a trunk floor and both quarters.

This will clear up some floor space for the truck to get back in focus.

I will update the album this weekend, it has come a ways since the pictures, we now have the frame blasted and refinished, the motor and trans in place, had to fabricate the engine mounts for LS to fit in the cradle. We do some fabricating in our business, so having a plasma table made that easier.

Been a lot of fun so far.

Chemo again next week, so I will be out of it for 10 days, so trying to make some hay this weekend.

Best.

Oh heck, you're a fabricator! Please post some detail on that (with pics) because people are always asking about fab stuff here. I hate that you're swapping for an LS, but share the knowledge and I'll forgive ya.

On that same topic I just talked with my machinist guy about my boat motor and he said that the first LS motors were cast by Mercury Marine because GM didn't have the experience or the maneuverability to get a decent aluminum engine put out in anything approaching good time. Lot of collaborating there I guess. Smart of them to do that since GM is the size of a small government and probably takes forever to go from drawn to driving.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old July 7th, 2016, 09:23 PM

We own a satellite communications company and build and fabricate specialty gear for our customers, I attached an example of one of our Articulating mount for a frac Van in TX.

But once you learn cad and can use a tape measure, then trial and error until it fits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1026.JPG (284.0 KB, Multiple views, 0 clicks)