6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old November 23rd, 2018, 07:19 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Thanksgiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
Ok I get it now. My bad. We are a Christian group and we bash and insult all others. We decide who is Christian and who is not. We denigrate their spiritual beings with hateful names. We tell people they have a hole in their souls and somehow women are used to fill it, but they are just as worthless as drugs and booze. We defend anyone who wants to preach an interpretation to us on the back side of saying Happy Thanksgiving as long as they invoke Jesus. If you try and explain that pushing agendas is offensive to some, we persecute them into hades. You are all making my point better than I ever could. Bless us all.

You miss the point entirely. Who's a Christian group? Do each of us speak for the whole group? No. Do each of us speak together in this? Seems pretty close to it. I bashed those two because this is America (Speech is free) and my own research turned up several fun facts about both of those nasty fellas that would curl your toenails. It isn't undeserved.

Like I said, you need some Jesus Ken. You'll always be an angry, sad guy until you get your soul straight and stop trying to be a mayonnaise American.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old November 23rd, 2018, 07:41 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

I have nothing against Lewis. He is a Southern Baptist Pastor. He is Bivocational Minister.
In saying all that he said, he is discussing religion in mixed company. Espousing a fixed interpretation and exclusionary of all other thoughts. I "believe" that should not be done here. I "believe" it needed to be said that this type of long comment is a sermon and says "we all" need to do this or that. I believed it would cause a discussion where animosity always ensues. Angry name calling, insults, belittling comments like: a person needs more Jesus. Angry, sad guy. It is sad and hurts to hear you think that. My point did not deserve that.

Religion, Politics and agendas don't belong here. I was cautioning him, not bashing him. Cautioning us all. Didn't sink in. It was a simple observation and I believe I've been proven right. You all gave way to hate. You see everything as an attack on Christianity. It makes you feel better to smite. I will turn the other cheek.

Last edited by AZKen; November 23rd, 2018 at 07:51 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2018, 08:16 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I have nothing against Lewis. He is a Southern Baptist Pastor. He is Bivocational Minister.
In saying all that he said, he is discussing religion in mixed company. Espousing a fixed interpretation and exclusionary of all other thoughts. I "believe" that should not be done here. I "believe" it needed to be said that this type of long comment is a sermon and says "we all" need to do this or that. I believed it would cause a discussion where animosity always ensues. Angry name calling, insults, belittling comments like: a person needs more Jesus. Angry, sad guy. It is sad and hurts to hear you think that. My point did not deserve that.

Religion, Politics and agendas don't belong here. I was cautioning him, not bashing him. Cautioning us all. Didn't sink in. It was a simple observation and I believe I've been proven right. You all gave way to hate. You see everything as an attack on Christianity. It makes you feel better to smite. I will turn the other cheek.

It is an attack on Christianity when the very mention of Jesus has someone mashing the "triggered" button when a simple "Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Lewis" would have sufficed.

And, this is the General Discussion forum. Anything not truck related or fitting the other forums goes here.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old November 23rd, 2018, 08:21 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

A simple Happy Thanksgiving is what Lewis forgot, not me. This general discussion is over for me. You will regret your comments in time.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

Last edited by AZKen; November 23rd, 2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old November 25th, 2018, 04:41 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
A simple Happy Thanksgiving is what Lewis forgot, not me. This general discussion is over for me. You will regret your comments in time.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

I'm sure once it's illegal to be Christian and the new world makes it synonymous with Nazi it'll be a different, but for now I'm proud of my comments. He didn't hurt anyone or jump on their toes. But you did.