6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   60 66 GMC on Velocity Channel Turn and Burn (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48178)

fletch May 4th, 2014 01:59 AM

60 66 GMC on Velocity Channel Turn and Burn

I am watching Senna on the velocity channel. There is a commercial for a new show called Turn and Burn. Towards the end of the clip there is one of the shows stars standing in front of one of our trucks. You can see the V6 emblem on the side. I like it...

FetchMeAPepsi May 6th, 2014 01:43 AM

Re: 60 66 GMC on Velocity Channel Turn and Burn

I don't get the velocity channel :(

But heres the link to the show. It looks like they actually LIKE getting hard to find parts so maybe it's a winner. If it turns out good I'll download the episodes :D

GMCDAC May 6th, 2014 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fletch (Post 53209)
I am watching Senna on the velocity channel. There is a commercial for a new show called Turn and Burn. Towards the end of the clip there is one of the shows stars standing in front of one of our trucks. You can see the V6 emblem on the side. I like it...

I saw that commercial on Easter day at my brother-in-law's. One can hope that the fender insignias are still accurate!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 53235)
I don't get the velocity channel :(

But heres the link to the show. It looks like they actually LIKE getting hard to find parts so maybe it's a winner. If it turns out good I'll download the episodes :D

I don't get Velocity either. They have another show called "Americarna" that I want to see. Maybe I can do it through this link. We don't get any automotive oriented channels anymore after Fox killed off "Speed" last August.

DAC

FetchMeAPepsi May 6th, 2014 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCDAC (Post 53240)
I saw that commercial on Easter day at my brother-in-law's. One can hope that the fender insignias are still accurate!

I don't get Velocity either. They have another show called "Americarna" that I want to see. Maybe I can do it through this link. We don't get any automotive oriented channels anymore after Fox killed off "Speed" last August.

DAC

I sent you a PM

GMCDAC May 6th, 2014 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 53241)
I sent you a PM

Received! Thank-you Fetch!

DAC

Ed Snyder May 14th, 2014 11:30 PM

I watched Turn and Burn for the first time Sunday evening. It was the episode where they bought the 65 GMC pickup, spiffed it up, and sold it at auction. It was a half ton long wide bed with the V6. They lowered it, had it painted, and put fender skirts on it. I think they paid $1400 for it, and it sold for $6700 to some Japanese guys who were taking it to Japan.

Anyway, I had to laugh when "Brother JD" (star of the show) said "many of these mid-60s GMCs came with V8s, but this one has a 305 V6, a rare find!" Just goes to show you that writers for shows like this don't always do their homework.