6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old February 6th, 2019, 05:45 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Question What did you do for your GMC today?

I'll start. Today I ran all the gas out of Cecilia and left her to sit dry for a bit. I plan to pull out the new sending unit I put in and try different resistors on the wire to see if I can get it to read right when it's empty.

For some reason, and I know I bought the right one, but for some reason it still shows just shy of 1/4 of a tank when it's empty. This is the reason AAA loves me so much. I run out of gas all the time!

I figure a few days ought to do it. Also, I'm thinking about taking up cigars. Random thoughts...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old February 6th, 2019, 07:03 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 Custom Wideside SB
jagarra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What did you do for your GMC today?

I have just tweaked( bend, readjust, reshape ) the rod a little so the float went down further at the lowest position. I thought about it more , since you are reading 1/4 tank when empty, you may have to bend it so the float is higher. You're trying to match the end of the travel to the float close to hitting the bottom of the tank.

Last edited by jagarra; February 6th, 2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old February 7th, 2019, 02:43 AM

Truck: 1964 1000 P/U 305E
OdieTN is on a distinguished road

Today I did a little reading about using lead substitutes, walked a couple circles around the truck, rubbed my hand on it the knocking some peeling paint off, went and looked at new bed wood that is Stacked in the corner In the house (which momma thinks is really cool sitting in the house). And felt sad for letting it sit in the rain. Gotta get her back in the garage ASAP!
Old February 7th, 2019, 04:42 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1965 GMC 305V6 fleetside truck
ronn is on a distinguished road

Ordering a new gas tank and sending unit. Also prepping parts list so i can turn over the engine soon first time in 7yrs!

..as for cigars, maybe when i am working on something that doesnt involve gasoline! ;-)
Old February 7th, 2019, 06:20 AM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road

Been missing mine.

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
Old February 7th, 2019, 12:58 PM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough

Fetch, Have you considered bending the arm downward a bit? Cigars are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi View Post
I'll start. Today I ran all the gas out of Cecilia and left her to sit dry for a bit. I plan to pull out the new sending unit I put in and try different resistors on the wire to see if I can get it to read right when it's empty.

For some reason, and I know I bought the right one, but for some reason it still shows just shy of 1/4 of a tank when it's empty. This is the reason AAA loves me so much. I run out of gas all the time!

I figure a few days ought to do it. Also, I'm thinking about taking up cigars. Random thoughts...
Old February 7th, 2019, 01:04 PM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough

Had to deal with the police with a missing persons report that my truck called in, I have not walked in the garage in a week........
Old February 8th, 2019, 02:47 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
Ordering a new gas tank and sending unit. Also prepping parts list so i can turn over the engine soon first time in 7yrs!

..as for cigars, maybe when i am working on something that doesnt involve gasoline! ;-)
Haha! Seven years, that's going to feel great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's GMC View Post
Been missing mine.
Where is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgroby View Post
Fetch, Have you considered bending the arm downward a bit? Cigars are good.
It's 1/4" from the bottom. I cut my old tank apart to measure it out perfect. I don't know what's wrong with the little sucker. What cigars do you like best?

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old February 12th, 2019, 09:44 AM

Truck: 1965 gmc 4x4 big block 305 v6 fleetside
jdnelson is on a distinguished road

Cold start without plugging in, 13 below zero. Took my grandson out for a ride in the new snow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old February 12th, 2019, 08:07 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 Custom Wideside SB
jagarra is on a distinguished road

Since you have the sending unit out, hook it up to the wires going to gauge and see how it reacts as you move it through it's range. You mentioned you ordered a new sending unit, does the ohms reading between the sending units match?